Mad to Be Normal Reviews

• Apr 21, 2019

Boring and uninteresting characters.

Boring and uninteresting characters.

• Apr 06, 2019

Absolutely amazing film. complete goosebumps. never have i ever felt so overwhelmed though my Hands were clammy and my heart was racing simultaneously.

• Jan 26, 2019

Itï¿ 1/2(TM)s a great plot, one that is derived from a true story. I feel as though it could have been a bit more cohesive. It definitely doesnï¿ 1/2(TM)t jump around so much that you canï¿ 1/2(TM)t follow it. Itï¿ 1/2(TM)s not one of those. It just seems to me that they could have pointed more focus on many of the smaller roles. I also wish that it had a better ending; not factually, just the way the facts are presented. In other words, more to the point, it ended abruptly- very much like you would see many movies made before 1970 end. But, if you have an interest in psychiatry, mental health or alternative medicine it is very much worth seeing. The actors did a fantastic job. They were all very believable.

• Nov 27, 2018

For a short film, it struggled to keep me interested at the end. Overall enjoyed the experience but the film felt scattered which left something to be desired.

• Jul 18, 2018

This film depicts Laing's views of mental health in a way that provokes thought while it entertains with the drama that arises from the ideas of any renegade genius. The script and the acting were intelligent and engaging, without straying into the land of psychobabble and technicalities.

• Feb 25, 2018

A first rate film. It doesn't go anywhere near hagiography and presents a very honest portrait of a man who had an extraordinary gift for compassion and was also beset by his own demons. The script/dialogue is excellent, and David Tennant (of both Doctor Who and Hamlet fame), as always, is great. The movie is not at all didactic and simply points subtly to shifts in tone both via editing and a poignant script.

• Jan 16, 2018

Tennant's performance is strong, and he gives energy to a script that jolts in different directions looking for focus.

• Nov 16, 2017

Boring. Tends to carry some thoughtful remarks and revelations, but the action is dragging too slowly, so you have to struggle through it - like when you try to run in you sleep and can't. This is the general impression.