Made - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Made Reviews

½ September 10, 2016
It's a lite comedy and a "wanna be" mob movie that works.
January 4, 2016
The film isn't as clever as Swingers but it boasts enough witty dialogue to make it entertaining.
½ September 18, 2015
It had some amusing moments but overall it was a flat lacklustre gangster-comedy that was not really worth watching.
January 7, 2015
Awesome, love the chemistry between Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn, the soundtrack, and the story. Jon Favreau is a great writer and director and should write/direct more often.
½ September 6, 2014
Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn are one of my favorite onscreen tandems, and while Made isn't the classic Swingers was - not many films are - it is still a winning and entertaining outing. The duo play a pair of wannabe henchmen who are constantly bickering with each other and getting themselves into trouble, mainly because Vaughn's character won't shut up. Favreau, in his directorial debut, keeps things low key while mixing it up with the crime and comedy genres, and does a pretty good balancing act between humor and annoyance. But the main draw remains watching Favreau and Vaughn play effortlessly off one another, which is something that never gets old.
½ September 4, 2014
It's mostly Swingers 2, but with Vince Vaughn typical character has been switched on to eleven. Not a bad comedy and it'll depend on how much you find Vaughn to be funny or annoying. Jon Favreau has steady directing skills and plays the straight guy once again to Vince's clown.
½ June 22, 2014
I don't understand WHY this is considered a "comedy"... To me, it was an irritating, tedious and grating film, thanks in no small part - oh, let's just admit, thanks in LARGE part - to Vince Vaughn's FULL RETARD performance. I was praying for his character to get whacked in the first 5 minutes of the film. I always enjoy Jon Favreau, because he has control. Vaughn, on the other hand, , just goes off the deep end with obnoxious ad-libs until he sucks any HINT of comedy out of a movie. This was more like ANTI-HUMOR.
½ June 12, 2014
Love the wit. Not swingers, but not bad.
½ May 25, 2014
Great movie. Great script, good direction, hilarious, and very well-acted by Vaughn and Favreau.
May 20, 2014
My favorite Favreau/Vaughn movie.
May 7, 2014
Made is hilarious! Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn play off each other so well that you feel like they have been friends for years.
April 28, 2014
Good enough Jon Favreau/Vince Vaughn basic comedy.

The two worked well together on the screen doing this basic thing - like they did with Swingers. It surely didn't deserve an Academy Award, but I liked watching it...
½ March 11, 2014
Great interactions between Favreau and Vaughn, but those funny elements couldn't save the film's confusing plot and some hard to understand accents of supporting characters.
February 22, 2014
Love this movie. Funny every time
½ January 19, 2014
1/19/2014: A very good cast and a fun interesting story, but not a great movie. Vaughn's character was a little too over the top obnoxious, which hurt the movie.
½ December 1, 2013
- Seen this countless times now, one of my fave comedies...makes me laugh every single time...just love it. Vaughn is hilarious in this and he and Favreau have a great chemistry!

- Just watched this again, Vince Vaughn is hilarious in this and there's so many quotable lines. Check it out!
- Really made me laugh, I have watched it several times. Shot by my favourite cinematographer Christopher Doyle.
½ May 10, 2013
Not remotely as good as swingers. The entire film seems to center on how annoying Vaughn's character can be.
½ May 4, 2013
Vince Vaughn was terrific,playing a character you wanted to reach out and strangle, causing you to sometimes forget that he was supposed to be that irritating.Jon Favreau needed few lines; his expressions told you everything you needed to know. In a world of sequels and tired old plots this was a refreshing and entertaining film.
½ January 6, 2013
vince vaughn at his finest. straeger is an apartif