Made Reviews

• Sep 25, 2019

Vince Vaughn should have won an Oscar for this sh*t!

Vince Vaughn should have won an Oscar for this sh*t!

• Jul 12, 2019

A strong directorial debut from the great Jon Favreau. Funny, interesting, and just plain entertaining. Definitely recommended

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Sep 29, 2017

The team from Swingers for a film that can't recapture the lightning twice. Both the leads provide great characters and the film is very fuuny when the cast riffs of one another. Vaughn creates a character that is close to being unlikable and is tough to watch at times, great character development though. The film doesn't have the depth that Swingers had, Favearu is a great actor and writer but this is an odd film to make. He chose a few odd films during this period after the Swingers success which ultimately shut him down as the leading man. I liked the film chemistry, didn't love the story but I think it is a film that is worth checking out if you're fans of the actors. 28-09-2017.

• Jan 10, 2017

Not even half way through the movie you hope Vaugh somehow takes a bullet. Typical story, typical snooze. Not original at all. I can't even finish it.

• Dec 17, 2016

The first and third acts aren't NEARLY as good as the second (not sure if it's the exact acts or not.) The first act is better than the third. The main problem is that they all feel like different movies. The first act is a boxer's family life, the second act is a (sort of) sequel to Swingers at night that's phenomenal, and the third act is a western of sorts almost. But it get's a higher score than it probably deserves due to the performances and characters. The writing is alright but it excels in the script, and the direction is technically poor due to the jumbled tone, but it's not that bad aside from that. It's Jon Favreau's first directing attempt, and it's not that bad, but knowing how much better he gets kind of doesn't help.

• Jan 04, 2016

The film isn't as clever as Swingers but it boasts enough witty dialogue to make it entertaining.

• Sep 17, 2015

It had some amusing moments but overall it was a flat lacklustre gangster-comedy that was not really worth watching.

• Sep 06, 2014

Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn are one of my favorite onscreen tandems, and while Made isn't the classic Swingers was - not many films are - it is still a winning and entertaining outing. The duo play a pair of wannabe henchmen who are constantly bickering with each other and getting themselves into trouble, mainly because Vaughn's character won't shut up. Favreau, in his directorial debut, keeps things low key while mixing it up with the crime and comedy genres, and does a pretty good balancing act between humor and annoyance. But the main draw remains watching Favreau and Vaughn play effortlessly off one another, which is something that never gets old.

• Sep 04, 2014

It's mostly Swingers 2, but with Vince Vaughn typical character has been switched on to eleven. Not a bad comedy and it'll depend on how much you find Vaughn to be funny or annoying. Jon Favreau has steady directing skills and plays the straight guy once again to Vince's clown.

• Jun 22, 2014

I don't understand WHY this is considered a "comedy"... To me, it was an irritating, tedious and grating film, thanks in no small part - oh, let's just admit, thanks in LARGE part - to Vince Vaughn's FULL RETARD performance. I was praying for his character to get whacked in the first 5 minutes of the film. I always enjoy Jon Favreau, because he has control. Vaughn, on the other hand, , just goes off the deep end with obnoxious ad-libs until he sucks any HINT of comedy out of a movie. This was more like ANTI-HUMOR.