Made in Dagenham - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Made in Dagenham Reviews

½ April 1, 2014
A charming biopic that sometimes falls a little too sentimental and silly to make it a truly memorable film.

Sally Hawkins is great as Rita O'Grady, playing the everyday woman who is thrown almost into the world of politics. She gives both an innocent, but then dominating performance. I found it quite enjoyable whenever she was on the screen.

Unfortunately the film did fall into melodrama a few times, which was a shame, with some events that felt a little forced, and maybe could have been dealt with better.

The story itself is interesting, and the film may be a reasonably fluffy telling of the story, but it is both easy to watch, but also quite entertaining.

It probably won't be remembered in years to come, but it's a nice watch on a rainy day.
March 9, 2014
a excellent british film with a superb cast story captures the spirit/mood of the 60s/70s so well
sally hawkins is amazing
February 2, 2014
wow.....ummmn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie......i think that sally hawkins, bob hoskins, miranda richardson, geraldine james, rosamund pike, andrew lincoln (from the brilliant tv series the walking dead), roger lloyd pack (.R.I.P., from the brilliant tv series only fools horses), john sessions, phil cornwell (from the brilliant tv series dead ringers), jaime winstone, play good roles/parts throughout this movie.......i think that the director of this drama movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch as its a real-life movie 2 watch.......its got a great cast throughout this movie.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......i think that this is such a good movie for 2010.......its got a great cast throughout this movie.......i think that roger lloyd pack was brilliant throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a really sad movie 2 watch......YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENS AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.......i think that this is such a really sad movie 2 watch but its such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch as its such a really sad movie 2 watch......its got a good cast throughout this movie......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie.....i think that this is such a really sad movie 2 watch but its such a brilliant movie 2 watch with a great cast throughout this movie its such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch with a great cast throughout this movie........
½ February 1, 2014
Nice film about equal rights and female comradery.
½ February 1, 2014
Really good take on a fabulous true story.
December 22, 2013
A didactic drama that falls away at the sides.

21/12/2013
FiLmCrAzY
½ December 22, 2013
An inspirational story for women's rights and good on them, however this movie is just boring. Bob Hoskins is brilliant and the cast is brilliant but not my sort of movie!
½ December 5, 2013
In spite of being an interesting story and having good cast and performances, it is not as thrilling as it could have been.
October 21, 2013
Fun and smart movie. Worth it for a few great scenes- the scene where Sally Hawkins tells off her husband for acting as though caring for the family rather than abusing them makes him special, is a great scene. It's about a fight for equal pay and equal rights that is still going on
September 12, 2013
Excellent Film These are the films the UK is very good at.
September 4, 2013
Sally Hawkins is brilliant ! Would have liked to see more of Rosamund
Pike, to see her get involved in the strike. Sometimes the movie was moving too slow but overall it is pretty good.
August 21, 2013
Made in Dagenham is a gem of a film, thought-provoking, entertaining and emotional. It tells the true story of the 187 women working as machinists for Ford Dagenham plant who's fight for better pay and conditions played a key part in the battle for equal pay nationally and internationally. A sparkling performance from Sally Hawkins as Rita the leader of the group is complemented by excellent performances from the whole cast including Bob Hoskins, Geraldine James and Jaime Winstone. Aside from the serious issues the film also provides a wonderful wallow in nostalgia for the late sixties. I highly recommend this film.
July 9, 2013
From the maker of Calendar Girls, this is a real feel-good woman's drama. I really enjoyed it, and loved Sally Hawkins, who I thought was also great in Happy-Go Lucky. I appreciated the real-life clips of the actual strike in the 1960s, on which this film is based. And I was captivated by Rita's powerful speeches about equal pay for women. I was also especially impressed with Miranda Richardson's portrayal of the Labour politician Barbara Castle.
May 9, 2013
Great story very well told. Excellent performances.
April 5, 2013
A worthy British feelgood ensemble piece, with lots of period detail both physical and social. It tells a great story well, but somehow it didn't really grab me. I hope that isn't because I'm an unreconstructed male chauvinist - I#d rather believe it's a bit too worthy and formulaic.
½ April 1, 2013
Brilliant feel-good film about a group of female workers at Ford Dagenham fighting for their rights for equal pay.
½ March 24, 2013
Sally Hawkins along with a stellar ensemble British cast are superb in this important, inspiring and feel good dramatisation about a group of factory workers who banded together and brought about equal pay for women. A well written and made film with authentic attention to 60s period detail.
March 21, 2013
Cope? How will we cope? We're women. Now, don't ask such stupid questions.
½ March 18, 2013
An inspiring an uplifting look at a neglected piece of history, the movement to ensure women's equal pay! Never preaching, rather full of heart and a humanist look at the spark that lit the fire that spread world wide to mark a water shed moment in the long journey of women's struggle for dignity and enforcing their right in the workplace.
½ March 17, 2013
I had an impression this was going to be a Ray Winstone, Danny Dyer vehicle based in Essex. Let's just say it's not LOL. It's a very well thought out true life story, which are always the best. I wasn't born when the movie was set so was an interesting insight to how workers were portrayed back then.