Madea's Witness Protection - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Madea's Witness Protection Reviews

January 1, 2018
Madea's Witness Protection is directed and written by Tyler Perry, and it stars Tyler Perry, Eugene Levy, Denise Richards, and Doris Roberts in a comedy film about an accountant whose business is not doing well because the charities that the business were giving the money to were part of a Ponzi scheme, and the family has to stay in Madea's (Tyler Perry) house for protection for a couple of months until the matter is settled. The character Madea I find to be funny in some movies, and she can be unfunny in other films that the character is in. So for watching something like this, I can say that this film is at best, all right. The acting is fine, and I did laugh at a lot of jokes, especially at the beginning where the family goes to Madea's house. It's not nearly as melodramatic as Tyler Perry's other films, and I did like seeing Madea bringing some goodness in the family, even though I knew that was going to happen in Tyler Perry's typical films. As for flaws, well it loses its steam by the end of it in terms of the jokes here as they were starting to become unfunny. The whole mob situation wasn't really as big of a deal as the movie was making it to be, even to the point that I think they don't even mention them by the end of it. The religion aspects sort of meanders the movie along and was kind of there to bring some of the Christian religion onto this film. The movie is just sort of there to exist for Madea fans who still enjoy them, and while Madea's Witness Protection is better than his recent ones like the Madea Halloween films, it's not funny enough for me to like it and wouldn't really bother watching this again for a while.
December 12, 2017
I love this movie. I'm actually surprised to see the tomatometer so low - this definitely does not do the movie justice.
May 10, 2017
Madea is unheard of in the UK and I don't think the films even get released. However I've just watched this one and it is so refreshing as I'm not normally a fan of American comedy movies or tv. The plot is meandering and there's no fast paced talking and wisecracking. Admittedly an acquired taste and far from perfect, but as soon as Tyler Perry appears as Madea the whole film lights up. Some genuinely really funny moments (all with Madea) and I look forward to more.
½ January 1, 2017
This was a fun film . The Madea character cracks me up . Goofy but fun .
½ August 21, 2016
Why do we keep letting tyler perry make movies? Absolute shit
January 30, 2016
Not even Medea herself would be able to stay awake through this film. Script had me laughing in my sleep...
November 12, 2015
Best Madea movie yet.
October 3, 2015
other Madea movies have been better
August 29, 2015
Anyone can find this movie to be funny this is one of her funnier ones
June 20, 2015
I love all of his movies so if you don't like it you are wrong
May 17, 2015
I support anything Tyler does.
February 9, 2015
i want to see this!!!!
January 20, 2015
i love this movie becuase of madea big happy family
December 16, 2014
Tyler Perry as Madea........Priceless. She makes me laugh all through the movie.
½ November 26, 2014
It was ok. Far from his best work.
November 5, 2014
I really enjoyed Madea's Witness Protection, this is one of his funniest films, it was touching but also hilarious!
October 9, 2014
I did enjoy madeas witness Protection for what it is a silly mindless comedy that you can watch and laugh a lot it's not awful but isn't anything great either a good comedy to watch
Grade B
September 29, 2014
Funny jut plain funny. Still Lol.
½ September 28, 2014
This is my first Tyler perry movie and it was funny!! Oh my gosh this is a great movie. After seeing this on netflix I'm going to see all of Tyler Perry's movies now, man, awesome. Great!!!!
September 1, 2014
Hilarious!! But that's to be expected when a film involves madea