Magadheera Reviews

• Dec 01, 2013

Technically superior (for a telugu film) but patchy screenplay/script

Technically superior (for a telugu film) but patchy screenplay/script

• Oct 29, 2013

The best S. S. Rajamouli movie ever made. MAGADHEERA is one of those movies, which you can enjoy with a big bucket of popcorn.

• Jun 22, 2013

45% The worst thing about Telegu films is that they are filled with full of people who know nothing about acting and they simply overact because they don't know how to control the acting. Of all the languages in India where films are made, Telegu films are the worst because these films are made for brainless masses who believes and worships their stars(male lead actors) and convince themselves that all the things these actors do are realistic. Ram Charan Teja is one of the biggest over actors I have seen recently. Kajal Agarval is equally bad in here and there is nothing to mention about the supporting cast. See, a lot of sci-fi films are made in Hollywood every year, of which the Time travel sub-genre is the most popular. In India, this is common with films regarding reincarnations and revenge story. We have seen these much films about the earlier mentioned topic as much as the time travel movies made in Hollywood. So this is relatively nothing new. I am a person with some common sense and I do not belong with the masses, so these stupidity that the lead actors show onscreen never convinces me. They say that Magadheera was one of the most technically advanced film made in India back then, it may be true also. But for a person like me, who had been watching the Hollywood senseless CGI filled popcorn flicks for the past 12-13 years won't be impressed with this film's visuals. But they are some good visuals, which mostly come in the flashback story. Can you believe that a man can kill hundred people at a single time all alone with a sword!!!!! I can't, but the masses do. Also the CGI visuals showing this act of bravery is extremely unconvincing. The most realistic of Indian films are made in my language, Malayalam, but the film industry here doesn't have high production values, so the dramas are more likable than epic action entertainers. I never really expected anything from Magadheera and the film did keep up to that expectation of mine.

• Feb 07, 2013

i reccomend people to watch this movie! it is fantastic and has great action sequences

• Sep 02, 2012

In turns funny (both intentionally and unintentionally) and engaging and endearing, Magadheera hits a home run for epic historical/contemporary drama/romantic comedies. What, you say? Precisely. Why haven't I seen more Tollywood films? And why haven't you? This plus Eega makes two. At least I got subtitles (albeit poorly translated ones) this time.

• Jul 02, 2012

A true EPIC from S.S.Rajamouli...

A true EPIC from S.S.Rajamouli...

• Caesar M Super Reviewer
    Jun 24, 2012

Magadheera is an unknown gem from India. While it certainly it's not anything spectacular, it's definitely worth your time. Magadheera is about two reincarnated male who settle 400 years old dispute for the love of their life. The story can be funny, but that's what also hurt the movie. Its humor is so over the top that it's hard to take it serious during the more dramatic scenes and the random musical numbers that doesn't help either. How am I supposed take our main character serious when he's defending his love from 100 soldiers when in the same movie he fire a gun shot from his shirt. This movie would have worked better as a comedy, but it does what it does successfully. It set ups this unique rivalry and while it doesn't build it up to it full extent, it's thrilling enough to stay make you want to keep watching. The writing is decent with some great dialogue which is accompanied by the movie failure to decide what it wants to be between goofy comedy or epic drama. Though the story of Magadheera isn't perfect, it's good enough to please almost anyone interested in India movies. What's superb is the production design making everything looks spectacular, though sometime it can look fake and goofy. The CGI is okay, but it doesn't take away from the movie since it's visually appealing. Even though I know little about India movie business and it actors, I did enjoy the chimsitry between Ram Charan Teja and Kajal Agarwal. They're easily one of the most enjoyable couple ever filmed when the movie isn't serious. The musical numbers though unnecessary in my opinion, look great, have amazing dancing, and most importantly are good to listen too. Clearly a lot work and effort was put into this movie and it shows with a great film. Magadheera is a great movie from India that provides great entertainment if you could look past it's decent story. Magadheera might not be a masterpiece by anyone standard, but it's certainly a hidden gem that has to be seen.

• Feb 19, 2012

I'd love to say this was a great film....or even a good film. Truth is (see my videos) There's a great fighting scene where one warrior is outnumbered 100 to 1....That 12 minutes is priceless....And there are a few other moments too. Unfortunately the rest of the film doesn't live up to the Greatness of say LAGAAN....Most of it is set in the present, with lots of Modern Songs and dance (unlike LAGAAN ) which at least had inspired music (check that film out).....so Magadheera just gets above average from me. Shame, from my video clip it looks like a masterpiece.

• Jan 18, 2012

Dragged to such an extent that even the spectacular production design and sincere technical work gets blunted due to it. Very poor editing can ruin a movie and this is a perfect way to show it. Well made movie which could have done much better had it been cut down by around an hour of running time. Disappointment.