Magic Mike - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Magic Mike Reviews

February 7, 2016
An interesting and different film.
½ January 23, 2016
Quite honestly my first time to see this stripper movie with a heart.
January 17, 2016
A film that could have been far more bland in the hands of a different director. Instead it has a quiet, human feel with compelling characters. The writing is strange, coming from a place of unabashed honesty and authenticity. If you are looking for a fun, sexy movie that allows you to remain thoughtless and spoonfed, this is not, in fact, the movie for you.
½ January 4, 2016
Magic Mike could have been sexy, interesting and credible, but the dances become repetitive and the characters turn boring.
December 31, 2015
Except the bravery concept of making this movie and having such a wonderful cast, 'Magic Mike' for me is just a decent entertainment movie that quickly be forgotten from your mind after you finished watching it.. Maybe while the strippers show the audiences their performances, we'll be dazzled for awhile but there is no special move that will mark in the audiences minds.. One good thing is Matthew McConaughey's performance who we always underrated before because his movie always stereotypical which is comedy romance.. Overall, it was a decent watch..
December 22, 2015
i was kind of shocked. it was a really great story
½ December 20, 2015
A really weird film: funny, entertaining and shameless in some respects but then I feel like it takes itself a bit too seriously. The deeper, realistic and complicated portrayals of the various characters are interesting but the almost-documentary style of some of the dialogue wears thin at times and becomes a chore to listen to. Whilst I did enjoy the more serious moments I felt this film took itself a bit too seriously at times and was not as lightweight ans bawdy as it was meant to be.
½ December 6, 2015
Giving this such a high mark because it was absolutely hilarious. I don't think i've laughed so much at a film in ages. Tho whether any of it was supposed to be funny I'm not sure. The dialogue and storyline weren't up to much as expected and I'm not sure Channing Tatum even finished a sentence throughout the whole film. The random furniture making storyline was frankly just a pointless attempt to make Mike seem like he had hidden depths. There was also the very strange and sudden ending which just left you completely hanging. But lets be honest who goes to see this for the acting? Apart from the horrific McConaughey performance most of the stripping was pretty entertaining and Channing Tatum was definitely a joy to watch in that department. Man is he hot when he dances!
November 19, 2015
Ouin...A part les shows qui sont hilarants, c'est assez basics comme film...divertissant, sans plus.
½ November 10, 2015
Entertaining. I wanna be like mike.
November 9, 2015
it came as a shock... this was actually an ok flick with fairly low taboo content. an industry standpoint is confronted when yes sex sell if the stigmas are dropped by mainstreem exposure. there is a concerned look as "dont worry luv leave it up to us" as total world domination is completely available via successful industrialization lol but the point is clear all fun and games have limits and this is a cannon of arms in the wrong places of market. so the commin phrase/derogatory slur meat market is even more adressed. that said i saw a pretty bad version so xxl wil def be a better version as far as sequels go thts sayin somthing anyway.
½ November 4, 2015
Well... I never really got into this movie the way that I had hoped. In the end all it really ended up being was okay. Some scenes were entertaining, whilst there were other scenes that I had a hard time comprehending, in the end this was a forgettable movie that doesn't really stay with you long enough to have any relevant thoughts about it.
½ November 2, 2015
Actually surprisingly quite a good film, good storyline - and some good actors despite the poor acting
October 26, 2015
Less talking more stripping... Can't wait for this to come out on DVD so I can watch it every day. :P <3BDR<3
October 22, 2015
The plot left much to be desired. Not bad to look at though.
½ October 18, 2015
This movie was everything that a woman wants it to be. The male revue is excellent to watch, the character stories are well developed, and the ending is perfect with everyone getting what they truly want in life.
October 15, 2015
COOL DANCING BY CHANNING TATUM!!
½ October 5, 2015
Magic Mike is quite a solid film. It is not as sophisticated as it should have been, it is predictable and it should have had more dramatic and meaningful moments, but the third act does have some nice dialogue, a very charming ending and fine character moments. It is also solidly directed and acted with an interesting subject matter and the movie does look good and is quite entertaining and even funny. It could have been much better, but it is still a surprisingly good film with its fair share of memorable moments.
October 1, 2015
Polished and glamorous, it is quite entertaining once you forget that it describes a disney fairytale with strippers.
½ September 25, 2015
This is a dangerous movie...some scenes could cause an heart attack to women!