Magnus Reviews

• Mar 29, 2017

A great movie about a marvellous mind!

A great movie about a marvellous mind!

• Jan 25, 2017

I think you have to be a chess fan to really appreciate this movie. But even otherwise you have to admit Magnus Carlsen such a brilliant mind that it makes him such an interesting person. He is a great ambassador and spokesperson for chess, especially for kids and teens as he is in his twenties and is the best player in the world. A well done documentary, very interesting!

• Dec 21, 2016

In the end it reminds me of the scene in matrix when Neo sees and understands the matrix fully for the first time. The possibilities of the human brain seem to be almost endless and computers cannot understand or compete against human intuition when it is balanced with huge intelligence. It gives you hope that the human brain might just contain something so important we simply cannot understand it yet but we understand it more than computers do or maybe ever will. I absolutely loved watching this film based solely around Magness and his family

• Oct 10, 2016

Nothing exceptional in the directing or cinematography, this is just a run of the mill documentary except for the subject who happens to be intensely fascinating in an charismatically introverted way. His story deserves to be seen.