Maid to Order - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Maid to Order Reviews

April 5, 2017
I remember seeing this back in the 90's and not thinking it was terribly good, but here we are in 2017 and I know now what crap movies are (or I'm old and appreciating 80's and 90's movies more and more).
I watched this on YouTube and I really found it quite a sweet little film this time around.
Over the top characters, yes, but well intentioned and fun to watch. I love 80's fashions, but I do have to comment on how awful Ally Sheedy's hair was. Almost a mullet.
July 31, 2015
It's the best movie ever made and It has my favorite music and band doctor and the medics
½ April 8, 2015
Cute comedy that's barley got enough for a one time watch.
January 20, 2014
I know this movie is a tad slow and a bit cheesy, but I LOVE THIS MOVIE! Merry Clayton is the star of the movie. I personally think everyone plays their part well. Honestly, I wish I could get my hands on some of the music from this movie in .mp3 format, but even the cassette edition ceases to exist in these times. The movie picks up in the middle of the movie, and of course, it gets better from there. It may not be packed full of action like in the "Terminator" movies, but it's a nice gem of a film. I'm glad it exists, and check it out sometime! It's floating around on YouTube! The DVD is out of print, but goes out on eBay for $20 or more.
May 5, 2013
watched this as a kid..loved it back then..would love to see it again
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
July 23, 2012
Cute, predictable and definetly the 80's!!!

Ally Sheedy is the damselle in distress who's pushed her fathers last button and his bank account to overdrive. When her spending habits loose control and her attitude is less than responsible or desirable shes wished away to learn her lessons. And thats when the Grimms brother adaptation of Cinderella comes alive. In the end we the audience learn to love Sheedy's character and yes she wins over our hearts, then gets the dream guy, learns life the hard way and earns her old life back but with a few lessons learned along the way.
May 30, 2012
Great movie. Watch out for the language.
May 22, 2012
I first watched this when i was just a little girl, it was GREAT.
April 5, 2012
Ally Sheedy plays this rich girl gone bad, who somehow gets changed into a poor one and has to find a job to support herself. Intersting flick.
February 4, 2011
I really liked this movie, Sheedy plays a rich girl who's life is turned around and she must be the maid instead. This movie is funny and I really liked it.
½ January 26, 2011
Only PG... really?! The rating system must have been waaayyy different than it is now. With a scene containing brief nudity from behind, excessive drinking, and at least one instance of name calling - using a derogatory term for the buttocks... I would have definitely expected this to be PG-13. ~ And all that was just in the first 7 mins of the movies...

Extremely slow in the beginning. Cinematography, acting, wardrobe, effects. etc. all typical in style of a movie in the 80's.

Language continued with the overuse of GD... as well as Hell, God, the f-bomb... and repeated use of the derogatory term for poop... I only continued watching out of pure curiosity... hoping it would get better... and it didn't!!! Stopped after about 35mins in... It wasn't worth my time or interest to continue on...
½ January 25, 2011
Cute, but awful 80's hair...
½ December 25, 2010
Dull plot and characters. If you want to hear a bad version of "It's In His Kiss", this movie's for you.
½ December 15, 2010
Was a very fun movie, good cast. Had a very uplifting message.
½ December 14, 2010
Terrible opening credits. Terrible dialogue. Stupid plot and story. Not funny at all. Pretty poor performances. Especially between Sheedy and D'Angelo. Terrible ADR. Sounds like Sheedy is talking to someone reading the other likes, not delivering a performance that could be imagined as fluid with the rest of the movie. This movie puts the greatest year of all time (1987, of course) to shame.
½ December 13, 2010
One of my guilty pleasures.
½ October 20, 2010
A movie that @GraceAlexis will hate that I wasted time watching. I can't help it. I love Ally Sheedy.