Maid to Order - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Maid to Order Reviews

½ October 1, 2010
It's a bit of a cliche, but that would be the point. All the corny but lovable elements are there. I remember loving this as a child and having watched it again recently, I was not let down. Simply love it and hope I can convince the younger generation that this is much better than what they have to grow up on!
September 9, 2010
A fun and cute movie from the 1980's, with a reverse Cinderalla story... "Some maids deserve to be princesses; some princesses deserve to be maids."
February 2, 2010
another silly 80s movie XD I watched this one as a kid too, lol
January 30, 2010
ha! I talk about this movie all the time.
½ November 27, 2009
I THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE
October 21, 2009
Kind of a 20 minute premise stretched into a whole movie.
September 25, 2009
Loved this movie...Loved every minute of it. Got to love a fairy Godmother who can jog and smoke at the same time LOL.
August 11, 2009
I'm a sucker for spoiled, rich girls learning a lesson on responsibilty and the value of a dollar. But this film adds a twist, when the girl's fairy godmother, cast a spell making her not only flat broke, but making her friends, family and even her dog completely unaware of who she is.
July 21, 2009
I don't know why but I liked this movie...Maybe it is because I was crushing on Ally"
June 18, 2009
one of my favorite movies of ALL time...HANDS DOWN!!!!!!
deano
June 10, 2009
This modern retelling of the Cinderella fable isn't much of a star vehicle for Ally Sheedy, who's constantly upstaged by the supporting players.
½ March 23, 2009
I'd forgotten all about this film until the title turned up on Quickrate. I seem to recall it being entertaining. In 1988 at least.
September 20, 2008
Ally Sheedy was just grate
July 13, 2008
This is directed by the woman who directed 'Slumber Party Massacre'.....hmm...
June 29, 2008
One of the funniest movies ever made
June 10, 2008
Not at all interested
May 23, 2008
I need to watch this again, but loved it when i was younger!
May 16, 2008
Not her best work... but entertaining if you turn off your brain
½ May 2, 2008
This is a bit of confection, a little fluff, a little romance. It is a delightful little 80s comedy starring one of the great stars of the 80s (actually, it features some of the great actors to come our way.. most of them still working, thank heaven), Ally Sheedy. In fact, let's talk about the cast I just mentioned.

Ally Sheedy is a really honest actress who knows how to handle pathos but also knows when the comedy needs to be played straight or camped up and that is a major plus in a movie about Beverly Hills and fairy godmothers, oKAY.

Michael Ontkean started his career in the 70s and continued to work in the next two decades. He was a big commodity in films, working a lot and he always delivered. He was a solid performer, charming, funny and way handsome.. very sexy. I haven't seen him in anything lately but I hope he is still working.

Beverly D'Angelo is a genuinely great actress who has been underused by the industry (though I have heard she actually stopped working while dating Al Pacino and giving birth to his children). Her work in movies like Coal Miner's Daughter, Streetcar Named Desire, Daddy's Dyin and a lot of other movies, not to mention the Vacation movies has made her a major staple in the filmgoing community. In this film she is wry and beautiful.

Valerie Perrine is an iconic beauty with some serious acting talent that landed her in dramas (Oscar nominee for Lenny) and comedies alike (how funny is she as Eve Teschmacher in the Superman movies?). She is hilarious in this picture and a big part of the hilarity is that she doesn't camp it up; she plays it straight, fully committed to every moment, bizarre outfits and wigs and all.

Tom Skerritt is so stallwart, so steadfast, so sexy. It doesn't matter if he is a supporting actor or a leading character, he always delivers.

And the late and wonderful Dick Shawn. Fantastico.

Maid to Order isn't going to change anyone's life. Well, wait a minute. It actually does. It changes my life... Because each time I pop in my dvd and watch it I feel happier.

I imagine that is just what the writer and director had in mind.
March 27, 2008
Love this movie...it's a wonderful love story plus more:) TWO THUMBS UP^!!!