Panny z Wilka (Young Girls of Wilko) (The Maids of Wilko) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Panny z Wilka (Young Girls of Wilko) (The Maids of Wilko) Reviews

½ June 20, 2011
Well, this was pretty good, but I don't think I was really into it, compared to the other Wajda films I've seen. And to be honest, I watched it a couple hours before I had to return it, and my roommate was in the main room with me talking to his friend for about 30 minutes of it, so I couldn't focus entirely (though it had subtitles, so I wasn't extremely distracted).
But regardless, it had a pretty good opening, and there were some great scenes. I particularly loved the scene where Wiktor goes to the grave of the deceased girl. I like that we never really find out how she died and that he never really bothers to ask. While a couple of the girls had their own characteristics, I did actually have trouble distinguishing some of them from each other.
Anyway, I keep saying with a lot of Wajda's films that I don't really follow the politics involved, and yet this film, the least political of them I've seen, I don't like it as much as the other ones.
Still, it was wonderfully photographed, the acting was great, and it did actually have a nice pace to it. I'm trying to see as many of Wajda's films I can get a hold of, so I'm glad I finally saw this one.
September 26, 2010
One of the best movies I have ever seen. x
October 3, 2009
┼╗adne recenzje ani notki nie opisz─? pi─?kna jakie tworzy opowiadanie Iwaszkiewicza w ekranizacji Wajdy z muzyk─? Szymanowskiego. Genialny film, obezw┼?adniaj─?cy w sile subtelnych d┼║wi─?k├│w ka┼╝dej sceny. Dzie┼?o kompletne.
July 12, 2009
One of my favourite movies ever... I saw it yesterday again (TVP Kultura) and I was mesmerized one more time...
½ July 10, 2009
facing missed opportunities from the past. enchanting
December 22, 2008
nominated for best foreign film at the oscars
½ April 7, 2008
It's a great movie about a man that revisits his past. As the movie goes on, the viewer learns about his relations with 5 sisters, from the perspective of time.
½ March 20, 2008
very moving and sad..
October 5, 2007
This movie was included in the Andrzej Wajda 6 Movie DVD Box Set.
½ September 7, 2007
Wajda at his lyrical best. A wonderful women's 'portrait de groupe' as seen through the nostalgic eyes of a man whose identity shall never be clearly defined -- another cinematic 'passenger' of sorts.
June 7, 2006
This movie is really sad.