Maiko Haaaan!!! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Maiko Haaaan!!! Reviews

February 4, 2014
Hammy, particularly in the early parts. A very strange mix of comedy and more serious parts. Enjoyed it for the beautiful sights of Kyoto and the Maiko and Geisha costumes.
July 8, 2013
The protagonist is probably the most ridiculous in the history of ever, but yet he remains beloved. Phenomenal flick.
½ June 18, 2013
A hilarious movie that brings you into the unique city of Kyoto, Japan. Anyone who loves Japanese comedy will have a kick out of this hilarious film!
July 6, 2011
At first "Maiko haaaan!!!" looks funny and make no sence, but at the end, some Japanese culture inside of this film presented.
January 24, 2011
I'm all for quirky Japanese humor, but good god is this movie annoying. Filled with loud, obnoxious, selfish character and plays like it was made for ADD kids. Seriously, there is NO focus. At. All. It switches from scene to scene to scene with no flow at all.

Granted, some of the humor just doesn't translate. But I've enjoyed a decent amount of Japanese comedies to realize that there is more to a bad movie than just cultural barriers. Sometimes, stupid is just stupid.

An extra half star because it brought back fond memories of my many nights and days spent in Kyoto. Still waiting for that great movie that truly captures Japan's most beautiful city in all its charm and splendor.
July 10, 2010
An interesting movie, worth when you are free.
November 14, 2009
It became boring when it got to the serious part, but almost enjoyable and I like Abe's acting :)
½ September 27, 2009
[2009.09.26 on DVD] Noisy guy....
½ June 30, 2009
The slapstick may seem annoying but stick with it and it's really quite enjoyable and fun.
June 15, 2009
A crazy slapstick film about geishas, noodles, baseball and everything which celebrates Kyoto!
½ May 12, 2009
A funny and enjoyable film. Ran a tad bit long though.
May 12, 2009
水?伸??????????影???迷人?尤?????京?????????路???種????????????種????????????????????????表???????歡?????交給?????任????張?????
May 6, 2009
Very typical Japanese comic-style commedy. It's funny and makes you laugh. Yet, you can still appreciate the tradition of Maiko.
March 28, 2009
Some funny moments, but annoying main character spoil this.
March 10, 2009
J'ai ri deux fois, pour une comedie c'est peu.
Cela dit un casting impressionant avec quelques roles sympas ( Namase Katsuhisa est toujours aussi bon)
March 6, 2009
This slapstick comedy was bit too crazy for me. I enjoyed some scenes and jokes, but not entire film. It was fun to see the background of Maiko culture, however, what film shows isn't really true, I think.
February 23, 2009
Is Abe Sadao the Japanese Pee-Wee Herman? This is gotta be the funniest Japanese movie I have seen in a long time. Abe Sadao is just fantastic as a dork and Shibasaki Kuo is always an eye-candy.
½ January 2, 2009
Neat and funny. And I like how the leading character is not goodlooking. Very Kudokan. Love the musical elements.
½ November 20, 2008
Hyperactive comedy story with screenplay written by Kankurou Kudou who also wrote Mayonaka no Yaji-san Kita-san. Another cinematic gag comic. I prefer Yaji-san Kita-san but this one is still pretty fun.
November 17, 2008
Une bonne grosse comedie japonaise ou l'on retrouve tout les ingredients et les signes comiques nippons a savoir exageration, intrusion de mots et onomatopees dans l'image, mimiques tres expressives. On passe un bon moment avec ce film qui parvient a decrire assez bien le monde des Maiko et des geishas tout en laissant la place a une comedie qui confine souvent a la grosse grosse deconnade mais toujours avec une certaine mesure. L'exageration des situations et le jeu tres expressif de l'acteur principal y est pour beaucoup.