Reviews

• Mar 14, 2015

Review: Personally, I couldn't see the point of this movie. All the way through the film I thought that there was going to be a major twist, especially with Firth's character, but nothing really happens. Its about a small community which used to be the main producers for cigarettes and Firth company decides to rent some space in the town to store hazardous waste. The lady that he is renting the space from, has severe money problems and she is scared about losing her house so she is relying on the rental money to keep her house. Once her niece realises that the company is storing waste, she decides to take action but after a bad accident with one of the trucks that was transporting the waste, Firth decides to leave the business. I honestly found the movie cheap and really boring. The cast sounded promising, with Colin Firth and Orlando Bloom taking the lead, but the movie was a waste of time and money. The acting isn't that bad from the cast but I didn't like Bloom and Firth's terrible deep South accents and I didn't find any of the characters that interesting. I'm glad that the director didn't make it into a 2 hour epic movie because the storyline really does dry up after a while, which is a shame because it would have been half decent if there was actually a point to the characters individual stories. Disappointing! Round-Up: After the successful Lord Of The Rings and Pirates Of The Caribbean movies, I thought that Orlando Bloom was going to be a major star but I haven't really seen him shine in any other movies. At the age of 38 he still has a chance to prove that he can really act, away from the big budget movies, but I'm yet to see him do anything that great. As for the award winning Colin Firth, this just has to go down as another bad day at the office but he really does need to make some better choices in the movies that he takes on. In this film, Bloom and Firth only really cross paths once so the director really didn't take advantage of the cast. He also could have made some use of Andrew McCarthy, who has been missing from the big screen for ages but he only had a little part which wasn't that memorable. At the end of the day, I really didn't enjoy this film but I will give it a couple of stars, just for Ellen Burstyn's performance. Budget: N/A Worldwide Gross: $2,560 (Really Terrible!) I recommend this movie to people who are into their dramas about a small town which is promised a prosperous future after a company rents an available warehouse to store hazardous chemicals. 2/10

• Jan 13, 2015

Such a slow, boring movie... And even though the actors were all great, I just coudn't force myself to care about the characters...:(

• Sep 02, 2014

Not a typical american movie... go for it.

Not a typical american movie... go for it.

• Jun 27, 2014

Rather boring and uninteresting movie. Took over 20 mins to get in what main part of the story is. Some parts of the story is irrelevant to the main part of the story. It does point out one thing: No matter how many safety measures we take, Hazardous waste is still risky and dangerous.

• May 26, 2014

The shots of durham were cool, but the story itself is just pathetic. Seems like an early 90s made for tv plot.

• Mar 16, 2014

Whether Colin Firth is the king of England or a texan front man for a toxic waste company, women and men swoon before this tall suave and handsome man. They will be persuaded by him to do what they normally would not. Like opening their Durham backyard to storage of hazardous material. Just as Meryl spoke flawless Queens english as Maggie thatcher, Colin attempted Texan drawl was impressive but obviously inauthentic. Divine intervention or God's will, a disaster like the hazardous waste trucks' accident on the highway altered the course of people's lives. For one, it prevented the departure of the sweet girl, the sweetheart to the young policeman 'Orlando Bloom' who held a torch for her and wished she never left. He must have thanked God for the accident.

• Mar 16, 2014

Whether Colin Firth is the king of England or a texan front man for a toxic waste company, women and men swoon before this tall suave and handsome man. They will be persuaded by him to do what they normally would not. Just as Meryl spoke flawless Queens english as Maggie thatcher, Colin's Texan drawl was impressive. Divine intervention caused the accident to the hazardous waste truck and prevented the departure of the sweet girl. Sweetheart to the young policeman 'Orlando Bloom' who held a torch for her must be thanking God for the accident.

• Mar 16, 2014

Tall suave and handsome, whether he is the king of England or a texan front man for a toxic waste company. Women and men swoon before Colin Firth and will be persuaded to do what they normally would not. Just as Meryl spoke flawless Queens english as Maggie thatcher, Colin's Texan drawl was impressive. Divine intervention caused the accident to the hazardous waste truck and prevented the departure of the sweet girl. Sweetheart to the young policeman 'Orlando Bloom' who held a torch for her must be thanking God for the accident.

• Feb 05, 2014

A history that starts good and finishing without ideas, i was dissapointed , period