Major League II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Major League II Reviews

April 6, 2012
First one was better
April 3, 2012
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh movie i hate the
½ March 12, 2012
When Wesley Snipes doesn't come back then you know their's a problem.
February 2, 2012
Solid follow-up, but I miss Wesley Snipes.
½ January 20, 2012
One of the worst sequals I've ever seen in my entire life!
½ January 4, 2012
Still fun and good, but not as great as the original.
½ December 30, 2011
Look. This is not a great film. Its not even really a good film. But when I was 14 I watched the bejesus out of it and enjoyed every minute. It doesn't really have the same zip of the original, there is no Wesley Snipes for one, and the actual baseball action is a little light on. But like I said, for nostalgia alone its a great watch. For me at least, I can't vouch for you.
½ November 10, 2011
I had fun watching this but Major League 2 didn't left the audiences touched.
½ October 22, 2011
The best parts of the first movie are practically taken away in the second movie. Gammon gets removed from the film early, and team loses its identity. We also have Omar Epps playing Hays and although does his best, he only plays Hays as Snipes did and this never feels right. The movie loses its edge comically and the new characters can't pick up the slack.
October 10, 2011
Suite d'un chef d'oeuvre de comedie sportive, LES INDIANS II n'arrive jamais a la cheville de son auguste predecesseur. Cependant, le film est autant sympathique que son predecesseur et se laisse regarder sans deplaisir grace a un casting au top. CORBIN BERNSEN vole encore le show.
½ September 22, 2011
I feel weird saying this, but I watched this quite a few times when I was young. Well, the Charlie Sheen roast was on Comedy Central recently so of course they showed every possible comedy movie Charlie was in, including Major League II, so I figured I should check out. Honestly, it's not too bad, it has some funny moment but it's really simple and tame jokes, or rather, the jokes aren't really intelligent or original. In fact, I'd say the best parts of the film are from the radio announcer Bob Ueker who's pretty much a drunk the whole time. It's really nothing special, but it was fun watching it again after all these years.
September 13, 2011
I can't believe how much hate this movie is getting. I know its no Major League 1, but come on...5%! I admit I didn't love this immediately, but I gave it a 2nd shot, and I fell in love with it as much as the first. I agree that certain parts aren't as strong, the Flannery story line is annoying. But I love Rube, and ML1 is so good, that its nice to have a continuation. I'm sure some people don't like how Omar Epps replaces Wesley Snipes as Willie, but I just think of him as a different character in the 2nd movie. All in all this movie is fun and enjoyable and definitely deserves way more credit that its getting on here.
July 26, 2011
i cant decide what i hate most about major league 2.... its not the original? charlie sheen isnt sheening? omar epps is well... not wesley snipes? rene russo is once again in a movie that isnt the biography of big brown or secretariat? tom berenger who wasnt even an athlete in the original still kinda wants to pass for an "athlete"? im not in good hands with dennis haysbert? i look at white sox jerseys throughout the whole movie? all the above?..... THATS IT! ALL THE ABOVE! that is all
July 14, 2011
Disappointing sequel.
July 2, 2011
This one strikes a nerve. I loved the first Major League movie and this one shows what happens when you don't take making a sequel seriously. The story is recycled, the characters are cartoonish, and about as dramatic as watching a two year old throw a tantrum. Do yourself a favor and watch the original and forget this one exists.
June 23, 2011
Not great but not as heinous as I remembered it to be. I did not appreciate the not-so-subtle recasting of Willie Mays Hayes, though. They should have simply written the character off. (Although now that he's in jail for tax evasion, I bet Wesley Snipes wishes he had done this movie!)
May 31, 2011
Not nearly as good as the first one.
May 22, 2011
These movies are funny and Harry Doyle (Bob Uecker) is the funniest character... love his comments from the booth.
½ May 19, 2011
Moins bon que le premier, qui (C)tait un classique, mais quand même bien efficace !