Major League: Back to the Minors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Major League: Back to the Minors Reviews

½ May 14, 2016
As bad if not worse than Major League 2, this film could have been better and at least made more sense had it just been a stand alone feature with a different title. AWFUL!
May 4, 2016
Its a nice feel good movie.
August 1, 2015
a pretty decent movie as a baseball fan and ex player the comedy and it is about baseball. I think some of the actors were a little dry, but it was OK in all. I know people gave bad ratings on this film, truly it a misconception on the idea of a funny-baseball movie, like I said before a pretty decent movie.
½ April 7, 2015
An unbelievably bad movie that fails to even score points for being so bad it's kinda funny. Possibly the worst baseball movie ever made outside of Ed.
½ February 9, 2015
Very poor acting. Very unfunny.
August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
July 5, 2014
The best of the trilogy. The Major League trilogy only gets better with each movie.
½ June 11, 2014
Decent spin off sequel
April 28, 2014
Great baseball film minor league style!
TheDudeLebowski65
April 17, 2014
Major League 3: Back to the Minors is an awful, lacking film that just doesn't deliver a good entertaining hour and a half. For fans of the original film, and the second one, this thirds and final entry in the Major League trilogy is an uninspired film that has nothing going for it. The cast here just don't have any screen presence, and their performances feel forced, wooden and lazy. In terms of comedic material, this one just doesn't deliver anything funny. This film scraps the bottom of the barrel, and Major League only needed one sequel. This third film just shows that it's not necessarily a good idea to keep making sequels to great films. The second film was good, but this one just has nothing to grab your attention, and it fails to really make you with a cast that are dull. The script is poorly thought out, and it's a film that isn't funny whatsoever. The attempts at comedy are awful, and it just makes this film not worth your time. This is a bad film, one that you'll surely be disappointed with. Stick with the first two films, and don't even bother with this third film because the filmmakers clearly didn't care about the finished film, and the result is a pointless, lacking third film and it's a poor attempt at a fun comedy. This one just fails to entertain, and it's a shame because, it might have worked if the script would have been reworked many times before this film had gotten the green light. Don't go into this one expecting much, this is a poor comedy, and it is a waste of time.
August 23, 2013
Horrible! Just horrible! Wow, I can't believe what's happened to this franchise. When you ditch Charlie Sheen, Tom Berenger, and the rest of the talented cast from the first two movies, you wind up with shit like this. Seriously, the filmmakers forgot that Major League was meant to be a comedy. It's played mostly straight with a few weak attempts at humor scattered here and there. I actually fell asleep about halfway through it. When I asked my friends if I had missed anything good, they shrugged and told me that I was probably better off not revisiting.
½ July 7, 2013
7/6/2013: The worst of the trilogy, but I still enjoyed it. It has some good actors and it was a fun and goofy (maybe a little dumb). Might not warrant more than one watch though.
½ July 6, 2013
Don't Bother Watching, A Waste Of Time.
½ April 22, 2013
The thrill is still... gone. Perhaps better than the 2nd.
March 7, 2013
"Gus Cantrell" (Scott Backula) is a Triple A pitcher who is slowly losing his ability to throw a good pitch. He is approached by Minnesota Twins owner "Roger Dorn" (Corbin Bernson), and is offered a job to coach the Twins' Minor League team, the "Buzz."

The "Buzz" are very simular to the Twins in the first movie of the series -- they are a bunch of undiciplined players who are dead last in the standings.

To compound "Cantrell's" problems, the Twins are managed by an old rival, "Leonard Huff" (Ted McGinley), a guy with an ego bigger than Twins Stadium. "Huff" makes it very clear that he thinks "Cantrell" and the "Buzz" are the biggest joke in the history of the game.

The rivalry of the two comes to a head when "Cantrell" makes an offer to "Huff" that he can't refuse.

The first thing you will notice is that this film relies very little on the first two movies. It does bring back some of the original cast to offer a link to the other movies though. Fortunately, the newest members of the Major League franchise (to use a Major League Baseball term) are not carbon copies of the ones we see in the previous films in the series.

One thing that takes a backseat in this movie is the love story between "Cantrell" and his girlfriend, "Maggie" (Jensen Daggett). It is obvious though that the two were made for each other, but the movie doesn't even touch upon the romance side of their relationship.

"Mr. Baseball" Bob Uecker is one of the highlights of this film. You will get a louder chuckle out of you when he's in the announce booth than any of the other jokes in the film.

The movie also lacks in the soundtrack, as well as scenes on the field (during practice and in game). The only visuals that stand out are the field level pitches by "'Downtown' Anderson" (Walt Goggins).

None of the jokes really stand out. However, it is kind of fun watching "Huff" lose it when "Cantrell" begins to seriously get under his skin.

This movie is basically a fair retelling of the first film that basically fails at the attempt of recreating the magic of the first film.

I recommend that this may be a good, not great, second choice rental.
½ February 27, 2013
You know the first time I saw this, I really hated it. It's almost all set in the Minor League, and they really only brought back the lesser stars from the first two. Uecker is back and provides all the humor, but why is he here I've always asked? Riding the bus with a minor team? I guess Harry Doyle got demoted too? :(

Bakula and Daggett make for good leads, while McGinley is a tad over-the-top in this film.

Goggins has an early role here, and he's basically the emerging star character. He's kind of a jerk most of the film, but he's effective.

Wish some of the bigger stars from the earlier films had cameo'd at least.
January 10, 2013
As a boy I really really really loved Major League, followed closely by its sequel. My brother and I watched the hell out of em, and would often have a post-watch wrestly just to expend all of our youthful energy and excitement. They are just good boy films. Take from that what you will. This I had never seen and was surprised to see the lack of involvement from the big stars, instead we get Bakula and Bernsen who it must be said, do their best. Harmless yet pointless.
December 7, 2012
Wouldnt mind seeing.
½ November 30, 2012
This movie isn't the greatest but real baseball fans should enjoy it. I find that Bob Uecker provided the perfect comedic side to the movie and Scott Bakula was great. Eric Bruskotter, Dennis Haysbert, and Takaaki Ishibashi reprised their roles from the previous films and made the movie decent. The rest of the cast left much to be desired.
September 26, 2012
Something about Mt. Fuji... we think.