Make the Yuletide Gay - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Make the Yuletide Gay Reviews

½ November 17, 2015
I love this movie! x
½ December 31, 2014
Although there are no really good performances, this film is surprisingly charming and witty. Even if it won't become a holiday tradition, I'd recommend seeing it once.
½ March 24, 2014
A low budget b-list film which manages to straddle being both 'over-the-top farce' and 'touching coming-out'.

A kind-hearted exploration of coming out, family and seasonal fun. It is amateurish, but sweet natured. All in all, not one of the best lgbt films out there, but certainly not one of the worst. Manages to avoid the stereotypical brutal angst; so common in gay-related romances; without being too light on it either.
March 14, 2014
Very cute movie! "Marco" from Degrassi happens to be starring in it as well.
½ December 30, 2013
You can tell that it's an amateur movie, and the resolution was a let down, despite this the film was very well acted and a sweet, enjoyable flick.
February 17, 2013
This was surprisingly a great, very interesting movie!
February 16, 2013
Romantic comedy of the Christmas season with limitless amount of bad acting. Slightly amusing.
½ April 5, 2012
Innuendos and charm are the words that best describe this show.
March 23, 2012
Kinda silly but hey...
½ February 16, 2012
so cute olaf and nathan together aww so adorable yay they finally kissed after so many blocks lol abby is funny with them lol the parents made a bet on him coming out
January 21, 2012
Sugary sweet PG tale of coming out, sadly flawed due to poor editing which leaves the viewer wondering if there's a line or whole scene missing. Derek Long's performance of a Dude is pretty sweet.
½ September 8, 2011
February 5, 2011
I want to see the next part.
I can't wait.
January 10, 2011
This is just about the most adorable thing I have ever seen in my life. Yes, it's cheesy and predictable. But it's also heartwarming, charming, funny, everything that a great movie should be. I wouldn't change a thing about it.
January 10, 2011
Very cute coming of age/coming out movies. Lots of teen angst and some very nice romantic scenes.
January 10, 2011
This is a little bit late for the holidays, but, I saw this movie last night, and had to write a review. I am not really familiar with any of the actors in this film, but, I think that is what made it so interesting.

This is a great story about a college kid who goes home for Christmas, who has not come out to his parents. He returns home to a set of quite wacky parents, and overly perky mom, and a Dad who seems stoned out of his mind almost the entire film. And, mom still wants to set her son up with the girl next door. Everything seems pretty wholesome and boring.

The fun starts when the Boyfriend decides to show up at the house for Christmas, As his parents decided to go on a cruise instead of spending Christmas with their son. His story is a bit sad, but, there is so much stuff going on with the boyfriends wacky family, that some of it is pretty darn fun.

There are some scenes in this movie that will crack you up.
Like mom's sudden interest in the boyfriends underwear, when she almost walks in on them when they are about to make out.
There is a lot of jaw dropping funny stuff, mostly in quick scenes and good word play. All leading up to the son dying to come out to his parents. It's just great.
December 24, 2010
Cute and Funny. The script and situations are over the top, but it's a lot of harmless fun. There are many lines which have sexual innuendos, the writers couldn't let it go. It was nice seeing Gates McFadden make an appearance; I hope there truly is a sequel to show what happens next Christmas at the other boy's estate; hey, if they can keep making these silly Fockers movies, why not?
December 21, 2010
Awesome, sweet, and funny movie. Second planned!
December 18, 2010
Really cute story about the trials and tribulations related to coming out in the midwest (US), especially during Christmas. Fun, laugh-out-loud hilarious, and not too "in your face" or over the top; I think it's one many different kinds of people would enjoy watching during the holiday season.
½ December 6, 2010
not bad at all! love the colourful christmas lights!