Making Contact - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Making Contact Reviews

April 4, 2009
I want to see this movie please
½ October 1, 2008
This used to scare the crap out of me when I was 5
August 24, 2008
a good horror/sci-fi film from my childhood days that i had been planning to rewatch
½ June 29, 2008
Another under-appreciated horror film. Co-written and directed by Roland Emmerich, the movie puts a different twist on the "scary toys" motif of the 1980s ("Poltergiest" and "Magic"). Emmerich, who would go on to direct "Stargate," "Independence Day," and "The Patriot," uses the "evil dummy" to overcome the film's lesser moments and create an unsettling story. (The movie was originally released in the US with the title "Making Contact.")
May 10, 2008
I rented this because I remembered that I saw it as a kid and that it deeply disturbed me. And you know what? It still does. The thing is though, I'm not really sure that that's what it was going for. It's directed like it's some sort of whimsical Spielbergesque children's fantasy, but it really has some pretty disturbing undertones. And a scary looking evil ventriloquist dummy, which alone will automatically add a scare factor to any movie. Thanks for a lifetime of nightmares, Roland Emmerich, You sick bastard!
December 18, 2007
This movie scarred the living shit out of me when I saw it as a kid.
½ November 29, 2007
AAHHHHHH...this movie haunted me as a kid...Here are a few things I remember:

1-a cheeseburger monster is about to eat a chunky kid.
2-His r2d2-like toy is actually alive!
3-the dummy and the kid fight using magic powers from the closet!!!
October 25, 2007
My #1 childhood trauma film. This movie really really scared me. I finally found a copy years later, and it is a mess of a film, extremely derivative, and ridiculous. The first third is actually effective and creepy. The last 10 minutes are near unwatchable.
October 2, 2007
All I remeber from this movie is that fucking doll that scared the shit out of me as a kid and till this day i still dont like that fucking doll I honestly dont remeber much about the movie except that the dolls bad and he trys to kill the kid or some shit
½ August 10, 2007
Scared the crap out of me when I seen it in a theatre as a child. Watched it when I got older and thought it was kind of silly but still can't deal with dummy's.