Making Fun: The Story of Funko Reviews

• Aug 02, 2018

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG marketing

• May 27, 2018

While the name implies there'll be a history lesson on Funko, that's pretty much not true. This "documentary" is more of an homage to Funko's first supporters (Funatics). It's essentially a long vlog dedicated to some uber Funko fans. While that's fine in and of itself, it shouldn't be called the history of Funko. The average viewer/non-collector won't really understand this film and will be put off. I for one haven't cringed during a film so much as I did with this one. I would have loved if Funko focused more on their actually history. Things like their ideas for toys, operations, logistics, etc. Instead we got a cringefest of fan-service. Maybe next time, Funko. Maybe next time.

• May 26, 2018