Maleficent - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Maleficent Reviews

July 19, 2017
It's annoying how disloyal this film is to the character.
July 19, 2017
Sorry but this is not the Maleficent I know...
July 17, 2017
Awesome movie, awesome story, awesome scenes, awesome job by angie in becoming the character and also in her overall acting job throughout the movie. They did a great job of getting you emotionally invested in the characters, both good and bad. And Maleficent is one of my favorite characters ever and made me feel for her and root for her. She's a straight BEAST too. (3 viewings)

SPOILER

The way aurora was awoken at the end was also very awesome. It would have been kind of cheesy if the prince woke her up with true love's kiss when he'd only met her once. But the love of a mother (sort of) for her daughter was shown beautifully here with a perfect emotional speech by maleficent before the epic battle ending. The dragon fight at the end, and the moment she got her wings back were both amazing. Also when she spinning-burst out of the window in slow motion. She was powerful, angry, vengeful, hateful, and at the same time loving, caring, empathetic and remorseful
July 16, 2017
The acting is great but the plot is generally crappie and the fact that the villain whose name means evil turns good.
July 10, 2017
Visually its a a treat. Acting is also good. The story however is utterly boring, cheesy and just plain dumb. when will Disney realize that its viewers are more intelligent then they give them credit for?
½ July 10, 2017
Lo mejor la interpretaciņn de Angelina.
½ July 8, 2017
For those who are upset for changing the story from original Disney cartoon classics, don't watch this movie and stay watching the cartoon version. Forever! I love this movie a whole lot more than the cartoon. To me this version tells a better story, great CG and props, I think Maleficent's character is pretty cool.
I'm glad they portrayed a different story coz if they didnt, itd be one boring movie to watch.
And as for those who are upset for changing a classic story, Disney's classic stories are not original either. Read the Grimm's fairytale books. See how you like Sleeping Beauty there.
June 17, 2017
Definitely recommended. Angelina is an amazing actress!
June 6, 2017
i liked this reimagining of the character and Angelina is to cool for school cgi could have been better
June 6, 2017
One of the best movies ever. I have never seen my daughter so emotional, and she wanted to go back into the theater immediately after we left. We saw it again the next day, and have seen it many times since on DVD. Definitely the best Disney 'Princess' movie by far.
½ May 31, 2017
Undoubtedly a powerhouse performance from Jolie, Maleficent somehow always manages to feel like it's leading up to something, but it never arrives.
½ May 24, 2017
It was a good movie. A great performance from Jolie. It shows a completely different side of the villain Maleficent that we all have know.
½ May 9, 2017
See critics' consensus.
May 5, 2017
Better than what I was expecting, Angelina Jolie is good in this character.
½ May 4, 2017
It is surprising that Disney decided to create a story that is so inconsistent with the classic Sleeping Beauty film. Maleficent is supposed to be evil and is traditionally one of the darkest Disney villains. To this day she attempts to terrorize Mickey in the Fantasmic show at the Disney parks. It can be difficult for the Disney fanatic to change gears as Maleficent is reinvented into what is essentially a good character. I didn't like the idea and I wasn't even impressed with Angelina Jolie in the title role, but somehow I was able to enjoy the movie anyways. If you have a soft spot for fairy tales and can view it as a stand-alone film you should be satisfied. (First and only viewing - 7/4/2014 in theaters)
May 2, 2017
How could this movie get 50% no way!!!! It should get a 70% I would say. I thought of this movie as a fairytale and a good one as well there where funny moments to this movie! I'm a fan of this movie now find out the Truth of Maleficent. Angelina Jolie did good playing as maleficent! She was a good actress to play in this movie I would say there where times where she was funny and times her she was creepy. And the music I would say was creepy that's what make this movie good so it's a little creepy of a movie Hay if you like fairytales then see this good movie!
April 24, 2017
Definitely not your typical childhood Disney fairy tale. Eleanor Audley would be very proud of Angelina's performance.
½ April 10, 2017
I love the way this classic tale was changed and portrayed from a different angle. It will make you rethink all your fairytale favorites and want to see Hollywood make every fairytale into a fractured version in which the deadline is actually the hero.
March 31, 2017
I enjoyed Maleficent. It is easy to see how Maleficent would cast that spell on Aurora, and how she might have second thoughts later. Angelina Jolie did a bang up job playing Maleficent.
March 25, 2017
not only boring, pretty nonsensical. she wants to kill the child that protects untill she gets forcefully on coma by her curse? kill her and be done with it dont become an insane stocker.