Malice in Wonderland Reviews

• Aug 24, 2019

It's an odd movie, disjointed, based on Alice in Wonderland books. I recommend it for those who like the odd movie. The writing may be disjointed (but then Alice in Wonderland is a fantastical, disjointed story), but the actors are first rate and go all in for their characters. They are excellent and a joy to watch. Matt King as Gonzo is spectacularly bad, Whitey the rabbit is the centerpiece character along w/Alice. The weakest is Alice, a typical, bland performance turned in by the typical pretty young woman. That character could have been done so much better. Pam Ferris is one of the oddball characters and does her character justice. Felix, the Cheshire Cat, played by Gary Beadle, plays the cat as the wiley creature he is, with the smooth voice we've come to know for the cat. This film is interesting to watch for the creative sets, the fantasy world it creates, the human representations of the book's characters, and the acting performances (looks like the actors had fun with their roles).

• May 08, 2018

Superbly twiated, hilariously funny... not for the pc snowflakes however

Superbly twiated, hilariously funny... not for the pc snowflakes however

• Oct 25, 2017

Basically, this is a quirky take on Alice in Wonderland. But, for me. personally, it perfectly depicts the surreal world that actually exists between dusk and dawn that I spent so much time in back in my younger days.

• May 11, 2014

well i guess the end wraps it all up and gives it some meaning, iv never read alice in wonderland or seen the film but this malice in wonderland is pretty bonkers. with its terrible R.T. rating most would avoid this but let me ask you something where would you find matt king aka super hans from peep show and paul kaye aka dennis pennis aka mike strutter aka fuckin frankie wild fron its all gone pete tong and danny dyer aka well danny dyer in the same movie, nowhere thats where well except hear. matt king was fine as gonzo prob. one of the more normal characters in this film, paul kaye as a white rastafarian who speaks in rhyme wasnt great and he only had a tiny part shame, danny dyer as whitey the time obsessed taxi man was great. the movie is a bit differnt to the norm and in that sense worth a viewing but dont expect anything too special like a rabbit out a hat that can speak german.

• Dec 08, 2013

Couldn't make it past the first twenty minutes. Stiff dialogue and it just wanders without redeeming qualities.

• Dec 04, 2013

Quirky but great take on the classic story of Alice.

Quirky but great take on the classic story of Alice.

• Jul 09, 2013

When am I going to learn not to watch films with Danny Dyer in it? All his films are absolute shi*e. This film is the pits. Don't waste the precious 90 minutes of your life on this bucket of dog turd!!

• Apr 24, 2013

very weird but thats why so interesting movie! with deep lesson hiding inside it!

• Jan 14, 2013

I feel the "movie info" for this film is a poor reduction for the marvelous literary parallels this film has. It is a very clever modern interpretation that actually helped me understand the classic novel, and the lessons it has, in a much clearer light. Although the situations our protagonist go through are "out there," so is the concept of Wonderland itself. This film is about a young women who is trying to find out where she truly comes from and if that changes who she is or not. There are times she feels small, times she feels brave, and times she is somewhere in between. This film does a great job at showing the mindset of the character during a very confusing sequence of events.

• Nov 30, 2012