Man About Town - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man About Town Reviews

September 1, 2016
Don't waste your time. If an introspective, 'woe-is-me' melodrama and a French slapstick comedy had a head-on collision, the wreckage would look just like this. It's all over the place. Sometimes it's about a successful man who's sad because his wife cheats...and then suddenly he's wearing BIG fake teeth. If that's not bad enough, Bai Ling is in it. She has dialog. That never goes well. It's no surprise that this went straight to DVD. Those DVD's probably went straight to the bargain bin.
½ September 18, 2015
Light on the comedy heavy on the boredom.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A drama movie mostly and no comedy or action at all which i thought it would be. Anyway the movie is watchable and Ben Affleck are great as he usually are. Story is about a top agent in Hollywood that gets some problems with his wife and other stuff involving his job. The movie is maybe slow sometime but as i said ,, watchable but nothing more..
½ December 11, 2014
Not stir-fire exciting, but a good object lesson about getting too caught up in the rat race. John Cleese is always good.
September 23, 2014
Jack slowly begins to suspect that something is missing from his glitz and glamour life. After enrolling in a journal-writing class in hopes of gaining a deeper understanding of his feelings, the man who has it all is shocked to learn that his wife Nina (Rebecca Romijn) has entered into a heated affair with his biggest client. Though at first Jack takes solace in the fact that he is able to express his inner pain through his writing, his entire future is brought into question when ambitious journalist Barbi (Bai Ling) steals his diary in hopes of landing the year's biggest scoop. Not only does the diary contain sensitive personal information, but crucial information about his high-profile clients as well. Now, as Jack fights against insurmountable odds just to hold his life together, the man who once placed priority on power and material possessions realizes that the only path to true happiness is by spending precious time with family.
½ July 23, 2014
It had some good bits, but the film itself was ultimately disappointing.
½ October 30, 2013
Having read some of the other reviews, I have no clue if I was watching the same film as some of the other critics. I thought Ben Affleck was awesome in this and really engaged his character with the audience. Rebecca Romijn is an absolute stunner and I was rather impressive with her acting ability as well. I enjoyed the plot and thought the character development was spot on. Ignore the other critics. Ben Afflect has a winning knack for choosing the role of the cocky but internally conflicted character. If you are a Ben Affleck fan than you will really enjoy this. If you aren't, then hopefully this should help sway you.
March 14, 2013
Es una película mas bien aburrida, trata de buscar la trama pero no la encuentra, todo gira en torno a Ben Affleck. De ser posible evitarla.
October 26, 2012
good well done com-dram
October 3, 2012
Binder does it again in the wrose possible way.
½ July 12, 2012
rubbish filmmaker and another reason why Affleck suffered at the box office once upon a time. the film is boring and genuinely not funny. don't waste your time with this
June 29, 2012
Introspective at best. Egotistic at worst. Enjoyed parts, while others meandered.
June 10, 2012
From an aspiring writer's perspective, this could be very interesting.
May 13, 2012
Engaging and pretty funny. Affleck is really good in this film.
½ April 22, 2012
it was ok some parts are iffy others are ok nothing significant
April 5, 2012
I may not sound like I like Ben Affleck in this review, but I really do appreciate the hard work he does. His character had moments of above average believability, but for the most part I didn't feel like he really pulled off the reaction to all the drama that insued in this film. John Cleese always blows me away and I loved the writing in the last quarter of the film. Gina Gershon contributes her worth of comedic delivery with her off the cuff smartass looks and body language. It's a HUGE gift people. Don't fool yourselves. Rebecca R. is truly working on her craft in this one. I see improvements in her abilities with each film that she takes on. There's a list of good minor character roles in this one and all the actors deliver. I liked this film. I hope you do too.
March 6, 2012
This will join the growing list of Affleck movies that I won't watch.
½ February 26, 2012
One of the best performances in recent memory from Ben Affleck. The movie is all over the place as far as the plot goes, just a lot of stuff going on in this movie. But, it meshes fairly well and in the end. Man About Town is worthy of your precious time.
January 17, 2012
A really great movie that shows how people deal with their high stress jobs and daily life.
December 15, 2011
Borefest!!! I have never been a massive fan of Affleck, and have to admit I only watched this for Rebecca Romijn, but not even she could make this movie interesting. A boring story, mediocre acting and just an average film overall. A movie I could have done without seeing.