A Man Apart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Man Apart Reviews

½ November 20, 2013
not an Oscar performance but a fun and interesting movie
November 14, 2013
Nice lil gangsta flick vin diesel was gangsta and out of control and Tate was awesome as well
November 2, 2013
Sean Vetter (Vin Diesel): I tracked you for seven years. You never went to the same place twice. Until you came home.
Memo Lucero (Geno Silva): I told you you had no idea what you were getting yourself into. If you'd stayed out of my business, your wife would still be alive. Mira, cabrón... Your arrogance killed her, not me. Like your arrogance coming here! Do you think you could come into my domain and kill me?
Sean Vetter (Vin Diesel): If I wanted you dead, you would be.

Okay, so this isn't exactly Hamlet. It's kind of entertaining... kind of. Okay, maybe it's a bit more dull than entertaining, the action sequences were lacking and what little action there wasn't very exciting. The most disappointing part was that the acting was pretty shallow as well, even for Vin Diesel, who I normally adore (I mean I love all the Riddick movies). I don't know, it's just not as good as it could have been I guess; even the villain didn't seem like he was bad enough. Overall, this was just an okay movie but I don't think I'd care to watch it again.
October 21, 2013
Predictable film about a gangbanger turned cop. stiff acting all round and not very exciting.
September 29, 2013
A man apart sees a group of undercover police officers head of to Mexico to track down the biggest coke dealer and put him away. Put they soon realize that even when he is in prison another gang take over and things just get worse
½ August 25, 2013
Should have been so much better. A DEA agent made a big bust on a Mexican Drug Cartel leader. They go after his family and he is out for revenge. I've seen this plot a million times and this should have been at least OK, but there really is no workable villain. Timothy Olyphant was wasted, there's a 'twist' at the end as to who Diablo is, but I really didn't care at that point because I felt there was no threat to Vin Diesel's character at any point in the movie. So the movie just felt so needless to me because I couldn't justify his relentless attack on finding his wife's killer.
August 13, 2013
I've always liked this movie. I don't know why the ratings aren't higher.
July 23, 2013
Vin Diesel trades in the fast cars for poor dramatic action. A Man Apart is a failed attempt for the famed actor to crossover in the drama genre. It's violent, over-dramatic and loose in story. 1/5
July 21, 2013
classic a must see over and over
½ July 13, 2013
Choked up on numerous cliches, the movie suffers from dreadfully awful scripting and performances occasionally depleted of charisma.
½ May 30, 2013
i know its cliched and nothing wow, but i enjoyed watching it!!
½ May 28, 2013
definatly a step above most movies. Recommendable
May 25, 2013
not bad but not great
½ May 16, 2013
The scene with his wife dying could have been better. Cute drug sniffing chihuahua. Lots of Action. Not bad but room for improvement.
½ May 1, 2013
It's bloated, overlong and unoriginal but it still passes as Schwarzenegger-lite.
April 13, 2013
Not as good as expected
March 31, 2013
a very good movie!!!
March 9, 2013
Wow. This is so unmemorable.
February 14, 2013
Immature, shallow....
2 Jason Stathams
½ January 30, 2013
Un guión nada novedoso que nunca logra enganchar.