A Man Called Hero (Zhong hua ying xiong) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Man Called Hero (Zhong hua ying xiong) Reviews

½ December 24, 2008
Ekin Cheng is a terrible actor! This garbage is worse than Storm Riders. Overall, it lacks any kind of soul.
½ December 23, 2008
September 15, 2008
This movie is quite problematic for me. On the plus side Shu Qi is in it, the Shadow character is very cool, the martial arts scenes are pretty good as the stroy but the story is not without its faults. The producers should have hired a historian to get somethings right with the timeline but I'll end my comment here.
September 6, 2008
Pitkästä aikaa tuli katsottua ja tykkään tästä edelleen. Sarjakuvamainen kuvaus sopii aiheeseen ja trikitkin toimivat minun mielestä edelleen. Ekin Chengistä voidaan olla monta mieltä, mutta kyllä hän tästä ihan suoriutui, vaikka hän ei tahdo päästä irti Namin roolista.
August 18, 2008
On s'attendra lors des premiers moments a une fresque impressionante, pour finalement ne recevoir que des miettes realisees piteusement et des effets numeriques lamentables, sans imagination et sans saveur.
June 2, 2008
From the guys who gave us "Storm Riders", another fantastic adventure.
½ March 4, 2008
It was an ok movie, alot of action as well with special effects.
½ March 1, 2008
I jus can't help likeing it so much
February 27, 2008
Cool movie, favorite - no armed - kung fu master character ever.
½ February 19, 2008
Underated Fantasy film that deserves more attention.
February 17, 2008
A good follow up to Andy Lau's Storm Riders. Once again, great special effects and great story.
February 8, 2008
Good actors, bad special effects, poor direction, bad transitions, no conclusion, and dangling plot threads a plenty. Very disappointing.
½ January 30, 2008
I sought this out after watching Storm Riders, but was ultimately disappointed with it. I was unimpressed with the plot, and, while there were a few good action sequences, in the end it didn't meet my expectations.
January 24, 2008
call it my natural bias for all things oriental or martial arts but loved this movie
½ January 18, 2008
the last part of fighting looks fake.
January 15, 2008
A man called Hero, un film d'action qui s'avere etre une vraie bombe truffee d'effets speciaux et rudement bien realise. A man called Hero est marque par un visuel fort tant par le soin apporte aux decors qu'au travail de post-production. C'est aussi un film melant Kung Fu, Wu Xia Pian et armes a feux parfaitement integres dans un scenario qui soutient un bon niveau d'action et d'aventure. Un film a visionner et que tout fan du genre doit posseder.
January 11, 2008
the first ever2 chinese movie that watch & i actually went to watch it at a cinema. Cool soundtrack & i actually cried a few times!!
January 2, 2008
awful trully rubbish, a real dissapointment if your expecting a martial art's movie, CGI boredom.
January 1, 2008
Very tragic film, I remember being deeply affected by the sacrifice, tragedy, and sorrow of this movie. However, the action sequences suck. Trust me, if you think the fighting sequences are cool here, you clearly underestimate what Hong Kong cinema can offer. Anyway, the characters are great, and the story is truly heartfelt. Just ignore the action, it's cheesy, sloppy, and just bad.
½ December 3, 2007