A Man Called Peter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Man Called Peter Reviews

March 2, 2009
Ran across this late-night on cable. Ordered the DVD - to see the whole movie. Very nice true story. See it. Nominated for Oscar - Cinematography.
½ September 25, 2008
A sweet simple film, beautifully done, wonderfully acted. Great production, moving and well written. The characters have depth and you care about them.
½ September 23, 2008
My only complaint is that it seems to move slowly sometimes.
August 7, 2008
A good melodrama around a religeous minister, although each of the main characters personal faith is overly expressed.
½ August 4, 2008
its main fault is it has a very slow and dull start. it kicks off when theres about an hour left with a sermon about a dying child. for that last hour ya don't look at the time. it's just a shame it couldn't keep my eyes hooked the rest of the time. very strong performance from richard todd and that's the reason to watch it
July 16, 2008
nominated for best picture by NBR
July 6, 2008
Iregardeless of your faith, this movie has it all.
June 20, 2008
richard todd great actor
June 5, 2008
I nearly wore out my VHS tape from watching this movie as a child. It is EXCELLENT!
Beautiful music score, and wonderful acting by the cast - especially Richard Todd in the title role.
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
March 10, 2008
This movie changed my life. Period.
February 28, 2008
Richard Todd delivers a thoroughly winning performance as Peter Marshall, the Sc...(read more...)ottish-born minister who became Chaplain of the U.S. Senate.
½ February 4, 2008
Okay, I admit it, I only like it because Peter Marshall's ideals are so much like my own pastor's.
(And it's a great love story)
½ January 21, 2008
Recently rented this, as I remembered watching this years ago with my mom. A wonderful treat!
January 13, 2008
A great classic Christian film. A nice surprise rent when I couldn't find anything else worth renting. Good film.
December 17, 2007
Love Christian movies and it being a historical movie is just a plus
December 10, 2007
The sermons in this movie are rare, and Peter Marshall's story, being told by his wife Catherine, is interesting and endearing.
November 2, 2007
Classified as a classic = Interested.
½ September 25, 2007
had a tremendous impact on my life spiritually!
½ September 11, 2007
sutch a power movie...his simplistic honesty is beautiful...