The Man in the Santa Claus Suit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Man in the Santa Claus Suit Reviews

December 7, 2013
To my knowledge the last film Fred Astaire was involved with (I think he was 79 when he made this)& unfortunately it wasn't very good at all.

The first quarter of the film was interesting & unique & I believe the inexperienced director just didn't know how to direct it at all.

It started with 3 men in New York who had separate issues who all needed a Santa suit for a situation & then it just got confusing.

The stories made no sense & Fred Astaire appeared in 8 different roles, it started off as a good idea but unfortunately just fizzled out.
½ February 21, 2012
Great movie. Have on tape but would love on DVD!
November 26, 2007
5 stars. Bloody brilliant.
August 9, 2007
When i saw this as a child i thought it was brilliant - it evokes memories of happy childhood days.
July 30, 2007
One of my favorite made-for-TV Christmas movies from the late 70's.

A trio of tales celebrating "The Man in the Santa Claus Suit", with a framing plot of Fred Astaire renting out a Santa Claus suit to three different men from his shop in New York City.

Story 1 - John Byner plays a good-hearted (but smelly) street person who uses his Santa Claus suit to commit robbery, but winds up celebrating Christmas with the family he was intending to rob.

Story 2 - Gary Burghoff rents a suit to express his love for the special girl in his life, in a romantic adventure which involves a department store runaround.

Story 3 - Bert Convy plays an absent father, who rents a suit to win back his young son's affection. It's a scene of a highrise Manhattan family drama.

In typical Christmas Movie style, the stories all resolve themselves nicely by the end. There is also a neat ending with Fred Astaire donning his own Santa Claus suit.

Where's the official DVD?