The Man in the Santa Claus Suit Reviews

• Dec 07, 2013

To my knowledge the last film Fred Astaire was involved with (I think he was 79 when he made this)& unfortunately it wasn't very good at all. The first quarter of the film was interesting & unique & I believe the inexperienced director just didn't know how to direct it at all. It started with 3 men in New York who had separate issues who all needed a Santa suit for a situation & then it just got confusing. The stories made no sense & Fred Astaire appeared in 8 different roles, it started off as a good idea but unfortunately just fizzled out.

• Feb 21, 2012

Great movie. Have on tape but would love on DVD!

Great movie. Have on tape but would love on DVD!

• Aug 09, 2007

When i saw this as a child i thought it was brilliant - it evokes memories of happy childhood days.

• Lafe F Super Reviewer
    Jul 30, 2007

One of my favorite made-for-TV Christmas movies from the late 70's. A trio of tales celebrating "The Man in the Santa Claus Suit", with a framing plot of Fred Astaire renting out a Santa Claus suit to three different men from his shop in New York City. Story 1 - John Byner plays a good-hearted (but smelly) street person who uses his Santa Claus suit to commit robbery, but winds up celebrating Christmas with the family he was intending to rob. Story 2 - Gary Burghoff rents a suit to express his love for the special girl in his life, in a romantic adventure which involves a department store runaround. Story 3 - Bert Convy plays an absent father, who rents a suit to win back his young son's affection. It's a scene of a highrise Manhattan family drama. In typical Christmas Movie style, the stories all resolve themselves nicely by the end. There is also a neat ending with Fred Astaire donning his own Santa Claus suit. Where's the official DVD?