Man of the World Reviews

• Mar 14, 2015

Has no big plotline but I loved William Powell and Carole Lombard together in this!

• Jun 12, 2009

It's rare to find a movie that doesn't have a happy ending. Also nice to have Carole Lombard in a role that doesn't have her playing a ditzy blonde. William Powell really got into this role as a hesitant con-man. At the end he's so ashamed of what he's done he can't look anyone in the face while he talks to them.

• Nov 30, 2008

Lombard's comic talents are wasted, as the role could have been played just as well by Norma Shearer, reprising her character from The Women. That's not, by the way, meant as a compliment.

• Oct 18, 2008

good premise, realistic portrayal of what probably would happen in such a scenario... lombard is as guileless as anticipated.

• Nov 09, 2007

To hold love in your hand, then lose it.

To hold love in your hand, then lose it.

• Aug 01, 2007

I was expecting a lot more with Lombard and Powell. Huge disappointment. Bad, even by early talkie standards.