Man on a Ledge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man on a Ledge Reviews

½ January 3, 2016
This movie isn't as bad as the critics hit it with. There's an actual pretty good pace throughout the film, but I would say the first half holds up much better than the second half of the film. A man named Nick Cassidy (Sam Worthington) is on the run after escaping from prison. Nick is an ex cop who was framed by David Englander (Ed Harris) a businessman who made it look like Nick stole a precious diamond years back. Nick hashes a plan to make it look like he's going to kill himself while his brother Joey (Jamie Bell) and his girlfriend Angie (Genesis Rodriguez) attempt to break into Englander's vault to prove the diamond is still there. The movie also features Elizabeth Banks as a negotiator named Lydia Mercer, Anthony Mackie as Nick's old partner and friend Mike, and Edward Burns as a fellow negotiator named Jack (who is so underused in the film might I add). The movie has some good moments in it especially before you realize what the real plan is, but it falls flat on a few too many spots. Sam Worthington's Australian accent kicks in and out and it kinda gets annoying. We have some characters that don't do much like Jack and even a reporter played by Kyra Sedwick. There just there to be there. Also the pot in the last 20 minutes gets ridiculous when you think about it. The crime itself seems very dumb that Nick is framed for and in today's society I can't imagine anyone getting away with it. Overall, a decent rent, but don't buy it!
December 21, 2015
Nice trick and team work.
December 5, 2015
Take away the idea of a man on a ledge, it's a standard heist and man clearing name film. The performances are alright, the film's okay. It's perfect on TV when there's nothing else to watch on TNT.
December 2, 2015
this is a good movie!
½ December 1, 2015
very interesting, with lots of great twists and turns.
½ December 1, 2015
If you're going to be this implausible and stupid you at least need to be real fun and engaging. Some bloke with a mullet occasionally whispering via radio-link to Billy Eliot what to do is not going to cut it I'm afraid. Once they resort to Rodriguez showing off her pink pants you know they've lost the plot. It's not a terrible, terrible this will make me angry film...it's just rubbish.
November 12, 2015
Amazing crazy movie,great job for this films..
November 7, 2015
Poco interesante en general
September 22, 2015
Very suspenseful my eyes were glued to the screen
½ September 7, 2015
Never making the most of potential social commentary, 'Man on a Ledge' is instead content being a generic and rote thriller of the lowest order. Lackluster performances despite a mostly solid cast, with Rodriguez being a special low point, combined with bland dialogue and characterization, kills what little tension there is in the mildly impressive ledge sequences.
September 3, 2015
I don't remember anything from the movie!
August 13, 2015
Very good action movie
½ July 27, 2015
The title is ridiculous, the movie most definitely is not. This is a fantastic movie, with a great premise, a great story, some great acting and a twist ending. The dilemma here is wondering whether or not Sam Worthington's character is going to jump or not, and if he is really innocent or not. Elizabeth Banks is also very strong here as the cop who talks down jumpers. An overall great time and a must see for everyone. RECOMMENDED
½ July 7, 2015
Really boring, which surprised me for sure. Despite having a half-decent cast to boot, that department was lacking as well. The biggest issue is just a really messy and slow plot.
½ April 17, 2015
Start by assuming it's going to be about the most preposterous plot you'll see in a yeAr, or two or three. Then sit back and enjoy the ride, it's actually quite exciting. And no matter how freaked out you are by Ed Harris' head, Genesis Rodriguez's gratuitous cleavage appearances will keep things in perspective and get you through any boring bits.
March 4, 2015
Enjoyable thriller, with a nicely convoluted plot.
½ February 18, 2015
Above most action blockbusters.
½ January 30, 2015
Such a great premise... wasted before our eyes. This REEKS of an easy to execute Hollywood action thriller. Yet somehow I just didn't buy that any of this was real. I think part of it was my pet peeve of a movie being cast by exclusively beautiful people. The world is not like that, and my suspension of disbelief didn't quite make the same jump that our main character did when he leaped 20 floors.
January 19, 2015
OK to watch for some entertainment but nothing special...