Man on a Ledge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man on a Ledge Reviews

December 26, 2014
The extra features on how its made are great.
½ December 8, 2014
Man on a Ledge offers up a great story, and great action sequences along with it. Definitely an under appreciated masterpiece.
December 3, 2014
A decent suspense movie with a plot that most can follow.
November 29, 2014
It's actually catchy and decent. Felt like going back to Phone Booth, but with less thrill. The action is good, but it's missing originality.
½ November 25, 2014
Sam Worthington, el protagonista de "Avatar", encarna aquí a un ex-policía acusado de robar un diamante que se coloca en el borde de una cornisa del piso 21 de un hotel para intentar probar su inocencia. Muchos clichés y poca acción en esta cinta que tiene actores de la talla de Ed Harris y Edward Burns, pero que en realidad no tiene nada de especial.
November 15, 2014
Advice: Just jump. Scene.
November 9, 2014
Stupid, cliched, unfocused, fun, enjoyable.
½ October 11, 2014
I really liked Elizabeth Banks in this movie but it was all very typical. Not sure if it's because I've seen so many suspense movies that it always turns out the same way. There really weren't any surprises. meh.
½ October 11, 2014
"An innocent Heist ".
October 9, 2014
Man on a Ledge fails to provide enough suspense to be the exciting, edge of your seat movie that it wants to be.
½ October 2, 2014
An extreme and elaborate plot to prove his innocence. Surprisingly good considering most of the film was on the ledge. I enjoyed it!
September 21, 2014
Not what I thought it was going to be but I liked it.
September 17, 2014
I liked this movie and was kinda surprised by all the bad reviews. I think what I liked the most was that this was a different sort of story than I'd seen before, at least in the first 40 minutes. Sam Worthington plays Nick Cassidy a cop turned fugitive threatening to jump from a Manhattan hotel rooftop. As an NYPD psychologist works to talk him down she learns that he may have a hidden motive for taking his own life as the biggest diamond heist ever committed is in motion and things aren't what they seem.
I'm one of those people who enjoys a movie where you have to figure shit out and initially this is a huge guessing game as you have no clear idea what is going on or why 'Nick' is doing what he's doing. His story is slowly revealed and unfortunately this gets very clichéd the further along we go, including a super happy ending that was a bit much. Jamie Bell plays his brother and (as per) is excellent, getting the N.Y accent perfect which I can"t say for Worthington who struggled with his. A fun original thrill ride with great secondary characters including Ed Harris. 9/15/14
September 11, 2014
liked it alot solid cast the main lead roles are played very well and the film itself was something different for a change
September 10, 2014
While the concept of the film's main attention may be satirical that was well-pointed out about the reality, it has thrilling elements behind it that was put together in order to keep the film going to the part that made this a smart, well-acted 4-star film (also including a "Safety Last!" tribute), despite creating obviousness in some important points. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ September 8, 2014
movie was very unrealistic. ..if you like movies where you dont have to think

then this is for you :)
September 4, 2014
Having already watched this in the cinema when it was released, it didn't stick as a memorable film, a re-watch probably shows the same, a bit too 'that was close' or 'that was convenient for any real mystery or suspense.
August 11, 2014
Not for anyone with vertigo or anyone with a strong disdain for flashy thrillers with a ludicrous plot.
½ August 9, 2014
I went into this movie expecting it to be awful. It looked bad and the reviews were bad. It wasn't good but it also wasn't bad. Sam Worthington was average but the supporting cast was actually pretty good. The plot wasn't concrete. It had some moments when it was actually really good and it was interesting and it really kept me entertained. There was a part near the end of the movie when I was like okay that is impossible. And throughout the movie it had some parts that were just nearly impossible. It was a little too far fetched for a movie with the story line and plot of something that was actually pretty realistic and could actually maybe happen. but it did have it's moments. Overall it is not good but it's not bad. It's pretty generic in it's thrills and is ehhh decent I guess. (75, C)
August 6, 2014
Enjoyed it eventhough it was a lot more straightforward thriller than I first imagined. Didn't like how they wrapped up the ending though.