Man on a Ledge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man on a Ledge Reviews

½ November 25, 2014
Sam Worthington, el protagonista de "Avatar", encarna aquí a un ex-policía acusado de robar un diamante que se coloca en el borde de una cornisa del piso 21 de un hotel para intentar probar su inocencia. Muchos clichés y poca acción en esta cinta que tiene actores de la talla de Ed Harris y Edward Burns, pero que en realidad no tiene nada de especial.
November 15, 2014
Advice: Just jump. Scene.
November 9, 2014
Stupid, cliched, unfocused, fun, enjoyable.
½ October 11, 2014
I really liked Elizabeth Banks in this movie but it was all very typical. Not sure if it's because I've seen so many suspense movies that it always turns out the same way. There really weren't any surprises. meh.
½ October 11, 2014
"An innocent Heist ".
October 9, 2014
Man on a Ledge fails to provide enough suspense to be the exciting, edge of your seat movie that it wants to be.
½ October 2, 2014
An extreme and elaborate plot to prove his innocence. Surprisingly good considering most of the film was on the ledge. I enjoyed it!
September 21, 2014
Not what I thought it was going to be but I liked it.
September 17, 2014
I liked this movie and was kinda surprised by all the bad reviews. I think what I liked the most was that this was a different sort of story than I'd seen before, at least in the first 40 minutes. Sam Worthington plays Nick Cassidy a cop turned fugitive threatening to jump from a Manhattan hotel rooftop. As an NYPD psychologist works to talk him down she learns that he may have a hidden motive for taking his own life as the biggest diamond heist ever committed is in motion and things aren't what they seem.
I'm one of those people who enjoys a movie where you have to figure shit out and initially this is a huge guessing game as you have no clear idea what is going on or why 'Nick' is doing what he's doing. His story is slowly revealed and unfortunately this gets very clichéd the further along we go, including a super happy ending that was a bit much. Jamie Bell plays his brother and (as per) is excellent, getting the N.Y accent perfect which I can"t say for Worthington who struggled with his. A fun original thrill ride with great secondary characters including Ed Harris. 9/15/14
September 11, 2014
liked it alot solid cast the main lead roles are played very well and the film itself was something different for a change
September 10, 2014
While the concept of the film's main attention may be satirical that was well-pointed out about the reality, it has thrilling elements behind it that was put together in order to keep the film going to the part that made this a smart, well-acted 4-star film (also including a "Safety Last!" tribute), despite creating obviousness in some important points. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ September 8, 2014
movie was very unrealistic. ..if you like movies where you dont have to think

then this is for you :)
September 4, 2014
Having already watched this in the cinema when it was released, it didn't stick as a memorable film, a re-watch probably shows the same, a bit too 'that was close' or 'that was convenient for any real mystery or suspense.
August 11, 2014
Not for anyone with vertigo or anyone with a strong disdain for flashy thrillers with a ludicrous plot.
½ August 9, 2014
I went into this movie expecting it to be awful. It looked bad and the reviews were bad. It wasn't good but it also wasn't bad. Sam Worthington was average but the supporting cast was actually pretty good. The plot wasn't concrete. It had some moments when it was actually really good and it was interesting and it really kept me entertained. There was a part near the end of the movie when I was like okay that is impossible. And throughout the movie it had some parts that were just nearly impossible. It was a little too far fetched for a movie with the story line and plot of something that was actually pretty realistic and could actually maybe happen. but it did have it's moments. Overall it is not good but it's not bad. It's pretty generic in it's thrills and is ehhh decent I guess. (75, C)
August 6, 2014
Enjoyed it eventhough it was a lot more straightforward thriller than I first imagined. Didn't like how they wrapped up the ending though.
½ August 2, 2014
Much bigger ledge than i expected
½ August 1, 2014
Man On A Ledge is the directorial debut of Danish filmmaker Asger Leth as far as feature films go. He made a half decent, mildly entertaining movie, somewhat of a throwback to well-rounded '80's and '90's heist movies mixed with what could have been a double episode of "Leverage".

The first forty minutes or so are the strongest. You get to meet the main character, Nick Cassidy (Sam Worthington) and get a sense of his problem, but you don't know exactly what it is. Bit by bit pieces of information are revealed and the story picks up some pace. The premise is more interesting than the execution, though, and some of the slower moments give you enough time to realize that some scenes are downright silly.

Most characters in this movie do not need a lot of back story; they are the stereotypes that are easy to portray. Elizabeth Banks portrays detective Lydia Mercer and while her short back story lent itself for some interesting film, it was only briefly used. Cassidy's accomplices are his father (William Sadler), brother Joey (Jamie Bell) and Cleavage Girl, err, Joey's girlfriend Angie (Genesis Rodriguez).

Despite these facts, the movie never dragged nor did I feel like it was a waste of my time. It didn't feature any 'wow' moments either, so I'll rate it mediocre at best.

Some critics have dared to utter the unforgivable words "this movie should have been made in 3D". What were they thinking??? Nothing ever in a movie is better in 3D. Period.

Pros: Mildly entertaining
Cons: Flat characters, mediocre at best.
Verdict: Okay
July 30, 2014
A lot better then what everyone keeps saying
July 29, 2014
Muy buena pelicula de suspenso donde casi nada es lo que parece y te mantiene atento hasta el final para saber que sucede. Las distintas escenas recuerdan a muchas peliculas clasicas del genero. Excelente trabajo de Sam Worthington que cada dia se consolida mas como actor de peliculas de accion, Elizabeth Banks desarrolla muy bien su personaje con un papel crucial para la trama, excelente actriz y el resto del elenco muy bueno tambien.