The Man Who Knew Too Little - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Man Who Knew Too Little Reviews

September 30, 2017
Loved this movie. I laughed till I cried. Then had to watch it again all in one sitting. It has become our families favorite movie and we know all the lines. Like "We go for port" or " "a little pocket rocket" and "What'd you do? Poke yourself in the eye and say my dog is dead!" Hysterical!
½ August 2, 2017
The plot is a little absurd, but it somehow works. Maybe because it doesn't take itself very seriously it becomes a fun good movie.
July 9, 2017
Really actually pretty funny.
February 22, 2017
This is a kind of spoof that was done before but always fun. This one is well done enough. I think it's the best of Bill Murray I've seen in the past 14 months. The action is going quickly and the way they set Murray to come out unscathed and victorious all the time is unexpected often and hilarious often enough. Joanne is pretty funny also. Some predictable moments, dull moments, and too dumb bandits moments were not enough to yawn and give up, the film tended to bounce right back into it.
February 22, 2017
January 2, 2017
This comedy is stupid, but only as stupid as Murray allows it to be... which saves it repeatedly.
December 30, 2016
Murray is great, one of his best. If you like comedies this is a must see film.
½ December 23, 2016
Excellent idea for a movie. But he ended up annoying me a lot. Could've been more cogent.
I didn't follow the narrative at all. Maybe it's my fault, but it shouldn't force that much attention out of me.
November 18, 2016
This movie is hilarious! I've seen it several times and it still takes my complete attention when it's on. This is easily in my top 10 movies, and the best part is hardly anyone knows about it, which makes me fell like I have a secret treasure. I would say that it will require you to envelope yourself in it, but if you do you are in one for one heck of a ride!
August 25, 2016
One of Bill Murray's better movies, though not as good as Groundhog's Day.
August 6, 2016
Good movie if your a Bill Murray fan
½ May 10, 2016
It's a thin premise: a regular guy gets caught up in international intrigue, the spy game, without being aware of it. And so it becomes a personality vehicle instead. Guess who's personality? It works sometimes, but mostly not.
May 4, 2016
This spoof on spy movies was great fun. Murray was fantastic.
½ March 30, 2016
Verry funny. I laughed way too hard the first few times I saw this film. It has many very quotable lines that I still use.
January 10, 2016
This may be interesting, with Bill Murray's improv background.
December 16, 2015
A one-joke comedy that wants to carry the absurdity of its premise throughout the entire plot. At first it is a funny idea but it wears out faster than expected, with not many smart twists to keep the story fresh, but at least Bill Murray makes it an amusing experience.
October 14, 2015
This was relevant to my interests. :)
½ October 2, 2015
It has an interesting subtext, but unfortunately not even that can save a weak script. Murray tries, he really does, but the payoff is simply 'meh'.
September 21, 2015
Really funny flick. Is it art? No. Is it Ghostbusters funny? No. I can see why the film aficionados dislike it. But for us regular joes just looking for a laugh, this move is a lot of fun. Suspend disbelief, don't go in expecting a comedy classic, and enjoy it for what it is and you'll have a great time.
September 3, 2015
One of my favorite comedies! If you don't think this movie is funny, you weren't paying attention or you have no sense of humor!