Reviews

• 5d ago

Great bond film with Roger Moore once moore, funny and unique. Christopher Lee and the rest of the cast make this film a classic.

• Nov 03, 2021

Ah yes, the one with the 3 nipples aka ...the one with the golden gun lol. This is actually a bit better than I remember and by that I mean I don't absolutely hate it as much anymore. There is not much to praise still. Flying over the islands of Thailand is amazing in 4K and I honestly wish that the first hour and a half was just that because what we got throughout was brutal. The locations are all very nice which makes it even more a shame that this one is not one of the good ones. It seems like in every Bond movie, even in most of the not so great ones, you get about 1 to 3 moments of "wait what? why did that just happen? why would... hu?" like just things that make no sense in any world. In a bad Bond, can be glaring. In good one, forgivable. In this one, it happens that often every 5 minutes. There is just so much continuous nonsense in this film. half of it done by James himself. Some very dumb spying on his part. This one is also by far the most misogynistic one of all the official ones for sure. It's an insult to all women everywhere. Uhhh... and then there is the biggest sin in in the entire franchise. These is this stunt they do with a car, a practical effect, jumping it from one end of a broken bridge that is now a ramp to the other. The ramps are twisted so the car twists in the air as well. Then someone, the director or producers or some other asshole decides to a musical whistle should be playing non-diegetically while that happens. Why, and why is the police chief from Live and Let Die back in this one? He isn't even in a cameo. He's prominent in 2 scenes this time, not one. Not gonna lie, I did somewhat warm up to him in the car chase, which was a fantastic car chase by itself without all the fluff added like the American and the whistle, if only for a moment because it gave me a glimpse of what a buddy cop Bond could be like. Him and either Felix Leiter or another double-0 NEED to go on a mission together for an entire film sometime in the future. This is what I want now. Also, wow, the whole funhouse thing does not work. I don't get it at all. So like I already mentioned, one positive is the locations, mostly in Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Thailand. The other positive is Ssssssssscaramanga!!! played by Christopher Lee perfectly. his character's name Sacaramanga is the best sounding name in the entire franchise. sadly him and his name don't save the movie. His henchman Nick Nack, is not as annoying this time around as I found in the past.

• Oct 26, 2021

It has interesting locations (especially for the time) and a good attitude. Just a fun jaunt with an eccentric as hell bad guy premise.

• Oct 08, 2021

This one is not nearly as bad as the critics claim. Christoper Lee is terrific as the villain Scaramanga, and little Herve Villechaize is hilarious as his sidekick.

• Oct 06, 2021

[⭐️56%] Certainly one of the whackiest films in this franchise, The Man With the Golden Gun (1974) does both deliver an amusing movie for how bizarre it is, but go way too far. With these exaggerated aspects either being story related or just uncomfortable things that characters do. Christopher Lee's performance as Scaramanga is memorable and his henchmen Nick Nack stands out as a fun henchmen, however the wackiness makes it a film that can affect your judgment based on what mood you are in.

• Sep 21, 2021

Not one of my favorite Bond movies. Roger Moore is so good as James Bond. Christopher Lee is great as the main villain. But the movie is very slow-paced and it can get boring at times. The Man With the Golden Gun is an average Bond movie.

• Sep 13, 2021

It was a dull watch. It was really fun watching the older style of filing techniques and movie effects, but that was about it. They just can't seem to get the feel of a James Bond movie without Sean Connery in it so far...

• May 15, 2021

The man with the golden gun is utterly ridiculous , which feels like a bunch of storylines chunked together. The film gets progressively worse , with a bore to death ending. The only manageable things to watch was Christopher Lee thrilling acting and the duel between Bond and Scaramanga.

• May 14, 2021

Moore's second Bond film is interesting in the fact that the audience might be more drawn to its villain than its hero. Yes, it was a masterstroke to cast the man who would play some of the greatest bad guys in many franchises' films but Christopher Lee actually outshines Roger Moore. Villain A+ / Bond Girl B / Theme B-

• Apr 30, 2021

A villain with three nipples? It doesn't get better than this!

A villain with three nipples? It doesn't get better than this!