Manos: The Hands of Fate - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Manos: The Hands of Fate Reviews

November 19, 2016
One of the BEST WORST films ever! The plot really makes no sense, the acting is bad, editing is atrocious, and the camerawork is bleh! However the involuntary comedy makes this an enjoyable, especially if your watching the MST3K version! And of course TORGO!!
November 13, 2016
The one and only thing that makes this movie tolerable is watching it get mocked on MST3K. Crow and Servo make this hilarious. Otherwise, Manos on its own is horrible. There's no real plot or storyline to speak of, hideous acting and a completely meaningless catfight. This movie is unquestionably the worst movie ever made. The only way this movie should ever be watched is on MST3K, otherwise it's totally unbearable.
November 1, 2016
Even Mystery Science Theater 3000 had a hard time instilling any value into this movie.
October 28, 2016
In the not to distant future... next Sunday, A.D. There was a guy named Joel, not too different from you or me... ugh, I can't even finish the theme song. This movie is just awful.
October 17, 2016
MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE is a film that looks like it was made by a know-nothing who lost a bet. Apparently- this was actually the case. Often cited as the worst movie ever made (and this may be true), this movie is pure cinema-going torture- it is not even really that unintentionally funny- it's just ridiculously annoying.
½ September 11, 2016
It's times like this when the famous phrase from AVGN, which is "a shit load of fuck" is very appropriate. I mean, what has humanity come to, how could we have let shit like this to be made. It's awful, it's disgusting. Everything in this pic is an utter failure, the dialogue is barely audible, the screenplay is shit, the story makes no sense and the acting is awful, there ain't a single line of dialogue in this movie that doesn't sound fake. I pity MST3K for having to watch this shit stain. It makes Zombie Apocalypse (2011) and The Giant Spider Invasion (1977), mashed up together, look like Citizen Kane. And y'all know what's even worse? There's, apparently, going to be a sequel in production, called "Manos Return", but in the name of shitty shit, is it really necessary, no it ain't. Not recommended at all.
August 26, 2016
I'll never understand why people like Plan 9 but hate Manos. This film was justly shunned in its day as a horror film, but unjustly ignored as accidental comedy even then. The lore surrounding this film is also of note: suicidal actors, striking camera crews, over-dubbing every single line, etc. The accidental visual comedy never relents in this absurdly conceived and misunderstood classic of bad cinema.
July 19, 2016
This is a bad but harmless movie, made by committed people with little resources who tried their best. There are lots of enjoyable directing and technical errors. There are also unintentionally awkward moments in which the characters stare at each other to create a dramatic effect but end up looking like they don't know what to do.
½ July 18, 2016
Disclaimer: I watched this movie through Mystery Science Theater. However, out of all the movies MST has used, Manos was by far the most boring. There were some ideas and scenes that could have been quite entertaining, but the execution of said ideas was very lacking. From the acting to the cinematography, this movie was not done well at all.
July 4, 2016
Rated the worst movie of all time requires a watch! MST3K version makes it great.
½ June 30, 2016
It's just bad and not funny bad or with some kind of historical interest. Just that. Bad and boring. I just gave it 1/2 star because now I use it for a "... ok, but it's not "Manos bad, is it?" kind of rating.
June 25, 2016
This movie is the most hardest movie to watch! Can't imagine how the critics survived through this movie.
½ June 3, 2016
Another difficult-to-rate one. By all standards of filmmaking, it's one of the most apocalyptically inept films ever made. But it's still a ton of fun to watch.
April 29, 2016
The star rating reflects the MST3K viewing, not the original product, because let's not kid ourselves, right

Rental.
½ April 11, 2016
Does this even count as a film? It just literally pointless video clips mashed together, and it's only an hour long like the la chatte et le sexe movie.
½ March 25, 2016
It only gets this high of a rating because of the amazing MST3K treatment that this film got... Otherwise, I would have rated it MUCH lower (even if I can't go much lower)
½ February 23, 2016
"Manos Hands of Fate" looks like it was made by a non professional film maker. Despite this, it was very enjoyable to watch and it had some great unintentional comedy.
½ November 13, 2015
If you know what a bad movie is, you HAVE to see this! Otherwise, you don't know
November 10, 2015
Quite deservedly one of the worst movies ever.
October 29, 2015
No stars. Sure, it spawned a classic episode of one of TV's greatest shows, but man oh man is this an unpleasant, irritating, pathetic, and overall STUPID piece of work. It is the worst film ever made. Sorry Ed Wood, but a fertilizer salesman from El Paso is the one who made the textbook example of "bad movie" and "what NOT to do if you want to make a film for human beings." Enter at your own risk.