Mansfield Park - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mansfield Park Reviews

½ November 2, 2016
I thought it was a delicious period romance although Billie Piper was all wrong.
May 17, 2016
A just okay version.
December 2, 2014
I thought it was definitely a better movie than "Ernest Saves Christmas", but I might be biased, since I'm a Billie Piper fan.
½ September 19, 2014
Definitely entertaining for anyone who enjoys costume romances, but absolutely not Jane Austen's Mansfield Park. In point of fact, some Janeites might find themselves actively disliking this as the Fanny Price is galaxies away from the Fanny Price we know and love. Personally, I enjoyed it once I accepted that this wouldn't be a truthful adaptation of the novel. Hayley Atwell is lovely & enchanting as Mary Crawford. Billie Piper is a likable Fanny and Blake Ritson a crushworthy Edmund.
September 8, 2014
They should have at least tried to make the main character look as if she belongs to the time period.
July 1, 2014
Sadly I didn't like this movie much - the story was not interesting enough and I just couldn't force myself to care for the characters...:(
½ June 5, 2014
While I probably prefer the 1999 adaptation starring Frances O'Connor, I won't deny that Billie Piper also does an excellent job portraying Fanny Price in this version of Mansfield Park.
April 27, 2014
What were they thinking? Fanny Price is one of Jane Austen's weakest (literally) heroines, but this Billie Piper's Fanny is sly, bold and sexy: totally contrary to Austen's intent, or to the context of the story.
April 22, 2014
So, I like Jane Austen and all, clearly, but this really just went flat with me. To be fair, I haven't read this book, so I don't know if it's the plot or the way that it was handled that made it just so meh, so perhaps I'm judging too harshly. Now for the even harsher stuff. I did not like Billie Piper in this, and I'm a fan of hers, sort of. She had no spark at all, she was just sort of dull and phoned in, even. The directing was bad, but at least the costumes were pretty.
January 21, 2014
Not the best adaptation, but not the worst either.
½ January 5, 2013
I like their version of Mr. and Mrs. Bertram.
November 30, 2012
Because the movie is only 1.5 hrs long, it did a good job of adaptation of Jane Austen's book. I liked it much better than the BBC version.
July 7, 2012
I loved this adaptation. I think Billie especially played an honest and sincere part, and Blake was brill. I love the story (maybe even a little more than pride and prejudice, or an equal amount if not) and thought the adaptation was lovely for a summers evening!
June 27, 2012
I´ve seen it, its very close to the book than the version of 1998, I liked it
½ May 5, 2012
Most likely the worst Austin adaptation I've had the displeasure of watching.
½ March 19, 2012
This is a very bare bones adaptation of Mansfield Park which is in fact a fairly complicated tale. This is light and fluffy and quite entertaining but it's not really Mansfield Park. Might be a good film for period drama enthusiasts (according to other reviews however, there are quite a few anachronisms) but not for Austen enthusiasts.
½ February 6, 2012
This was a little slow, but overall very well done. The cast was great and the scenery was amazing.
December 30, 2011
meh. It seems modern film makers can't understand and translate this to screen. I love the novel, and it's not that I want it word for word, but I wish they didn't resort to modernization just to make Fanny marketable.
December 16, 2011
bir jane austen karakteri asla sari sacli ve kara kasli olmamalidir!