Mansfield Park Reviews

• Nov 23, 2019

I thought this movie could've been very good if it weren't for the female lead actress. Horrible acting, sloppy hair, black roots, orange lips, black eyebrows, and her cleavage spilling out in every scene. She acted like an imbecilic flighty dimwit half the time and the other half the time she's mumbling her lines well sinking her head into her chest. The other actors and actresses were all very well cast but I could not get past this girl. In my opinion she ruined the movie.

• Nov 02, 2016

I thought it was a delicious period romance although Billie Piper was all wrong.

• May 17, 2016

A just okay version.

A just okay version.

• Dec 02, 2014

I thought it was definitely a better movie than "Ernest Saves Christmas", but I might be biased, since I'm a Billie Piper fan.

• Sep 17, 2014

Definitely entertaining for anyone who enjoys costume romances, but absolutely not Jane Austen's Mansfield Park. In point of fact, some Janeites might find themselves actively disliking this as the Fanny Price is galaxies away from the Fanny Price we know and love. Personally, I enjoyed it once I accepted that this wouldn't be a truthful adaptation of the novel. Hayley Atwell is lovely & enchanting as Mary Crawford. Billie Piper is a likable Fanny and Blake Ritson a crushworthy Edmund.

• Sep 08, 2014

They should have at least tried to make the main character look as if she belongs to the time period.

• Jul 01, 2014

Sadly I didn't like this movie much - the story was not interesting enough and I just couldn't force myself to care for the characters...:(

• Apr 27, 2014

What were they thinking? Fanny Price is one of Jane Austen's weakest (literally) heroines, but this Billie Piper's Fanny is sly, bold and sexy: totally contrary to Austen's intent, or to the context of the story.

• Apr 22, 2014

So, I like Jane Austen and all, clearly, but this really just went flat with me. To be fair, I haven't read this book, so I don't know if it's the plot or the way that it was handled that made it just so meh, so perhaps I'm judging too harshly. Now for the even harsher stuff. I did not like Billie Piper in this, and I'm a fan of hers, sort of. She had no spark at all, she was just sort of dull and phoned in, even. The directing was bad, but at least the costumes were pretty.

• Nov 30, 2012

Because the movie is only 1.5 hrs long, it did a good job of adaptation of Jane Austen's book. I liked it much better than the BBC version.