Reviews

• Erin C Super Reviewer
    Aug 28, 2016

Another graphic depiction of the Manson family, this time from the point of view of one of their own.

• Jul 24, 2016

I'm not sure why the movie got so much hate,(not like just here or anything but people I know),it's maybe not completely accurate but what "movie based on true events" is? And the performances were pretty convincing, the girls were probably a little prettier than real life but I think they made them a bit plainer than they normally are. I wish they would have had some introductions, I kept getting the blondes mixed up and the brunettes, it was awhile before it could distinguish Sadie from Squeaky, Patricia from Leslie, figured out from the order of things in real life. Also where was Mary brummer(sp), mansons first follower? But overall a decent look at the life and times, not just the killings(I took that line from the Manson book "The Life and Times of Charles Manson", good book!). It's neat to have a different perspective and I would recommend this as an entertaining watch.

• Jul 22, 2016

A surprising film that, while not as much I hoped, goes into more detail with Manson's killing spree than any other Manson-based film I have seen and easily the best as well.

• Jul 04, 2016

I really enjoyed this movie. I love Manson and the craziness he had with these people. Such a good movie!

• Apr 22, 2016

Manson's Lost Girls' countless historical inaccuracies don't resolve themselves for staunch enthusiasts of the Manson family subject, but its perfectly chosen cast, familial camaraderie, psychedelic camerawork, emotional excitement and subtle handling of brutality offer a surprising treat for those disappointed with Brandon Slagle's House of Manson.

• Mar 20, 2016

Apart from the very, very basics that everybody knows without even having seen or read anything about the Manson family, the only thing that appears to have been researched is people's names. There is nothing authentic here. In the few instances where they try ti remind you this is the 60's, the clothes are costume shop jobs at best. Charlie is disastrously cast, and the little fella playing him is almost spectacular in his unremarkableness, not to mention being ten-fifteen years too young. If you want to learn about the Manson Family, you're not going to gain anything from this. There was little reason for this film to be made, and even less reason for anybody to watch it.

• Mar 18, 2016

"Manson's Lost Girl's" looks like a version of the disturbing story of the Helter Skelter murders, as though it was cast and made by "America's Next Top Model." The girls look like they should be walking the runway, and it's not just the girls. Manson himself is portrayed as a handsome, musical genius with six-pack abs. Nothing feels authentic about this movie. It was obviously made by people who don't actually know much about the realcase.

• Mar 05, 2016

Will keep this short and sweet, this movie was terrible. Couldn't even get to the very end, last 20 mins. It's inaccurate, obviously the main character, Linda Kasabian, was never consulted on details of what really occurred. Without going into a long winded review, let's just say that I don't even think the writers, directors or all the characters reviewed the historical facts of the case. Linda K. met the family 5-6 weeks before the murders. She has done few interviews but she did finally open up and is in a documentary you can find on You Tube. You want to see the best movie related to Manson, the family and trial, watch or rent the original 1976 made for TV movie Helter Skelter. No other Manson/Tate-LaBianca movie can touch it. Acting was superb and because it was made around the time of when all this played out, the scenery, sets and time period are "right on" like Charlie likes to say. Even if you don't believe Vince Bugliosi's, the DA who prosecuted all the players, it will give you a very good idea of the life and times of the entire story. All the actors in this movie are off-spring of more famous actors. If they weren't in this movie, this would never have made it to the "Big TV Screen". Big Thumbs Down all together !!