Manticore - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Manticore Reviews

½ May 26, 2016
2016-05-26 lots of gore, kind of illogical
½ February 9, 2016
These Iraqi or Afghanistan monster films are generally terrible and this is no exception. Another stupid ass plot with a bunch of army people, it's always the army and their cookie cutter acting and attitude. One of them is killed off after another, as to be expected by this creature that's been summoned only to find out that his permanent demise is caused by the most simple way possible after the action that is required to freeze him. It's so rediculous and boring with annoying CGI. Pass, pass, pass.
August 10, 2013
Not the worst SciFi film I had the displeasure of watching, but the plot is underwhelming and the CGI "Manticore" is also badly rendered. You should pass on this one.
½ June 2, 2013
I bet when reed made this he was on a low budget. The special effects pretty much sucks for a movie that came out in 2005
December 4, 2012
Sci-Fi (SyFy) Channel's best movie to date.
August 7, 2012
One of my very favourite SyFy channel movies!
This monster ROCKS! The CGI it's done with may not be, what you call, good, but I can't help but love this creature!
The movie has a fairly simple story idea of soldiers going into a town in Iraq where a beast has been unleashed and SoooOOooOOoo! Let the fun begin!
The movie does rip-off some scenes directly from Aliens, especially towards the middle... but hey, SyFy original movies are rarely original, right?
The acting for once is decent, with a some actors better than others, all in all, I was surprised! ... however, though a few characters are likeable, most are hollow and have zero development, which leaves you not caring what happens to alot of them, too bad really... I still liked Robert Beltran as the lead, Faran Tahir always makes a good villain, Jeff Fahey is always good, but my favourite would be Heather Donahue, her character isn't a great one of any kind, but I like her and in the end she was my favourite.
The monster action is fairly simple, with quite a few shoot-outs... again the creature mostly and some running around, but it's quite fun in the end and gets better as it moves towards the (in my opinion) quite exciting climax!
So all moving at good pace, with some violence here and there, fun action, good set-pieces and locations and above average perfomances for the most part, this is really the kind of movie I love watching... soliders going up against a single, fearsome and dangerous beast!

I'm probably the ONLY person to like this movie so much, but I really think it's a fun SyFy channel movie!
January 28, 2012
Ridiculous, sorry to say but it was.
½ March 8, 2010
Probably one of the worst movies ever. The guns were crap ( I think really low end airsoft at best), American troops rolling around in what looked like BTR-60s from Bulgarian Army surplus. Gas masks with no filters, soldiers using civy CB's, etc. Wow one call so a veteran would have saved them alot of embarrassment. Biggest piece of crap Ive ever seen and I like B movies. If I ever see one of the DVD's I'd be embarrassed to use it as a coffee coaster.
January 20, 2010
Ridiculous, sorry to say but it was.
May 30, 2009
BAHAHAHAHA the sci fi channel produces yet ANOTHER classic.
½ February 21, 2009
If you like terrible movies with cliches, bad acting, bad special effects and a stupid ending, you're watching the right movie.
½ December 14, 2008
So shit, it's shit. The story is bland and the terrible FX don't help. Beltran can fuck right off.
December 10, 2008
SCI-Fi channel drivel
November 16, 2008
Got to love those B movie. You got actors from Star Terk Voyager and CSI New York and Lost, that is enough reason to watch this movie.
½ November 15, 2008
... what a "B" movie. It entertained me for 2 hours... not exactly top-notch, but that's the definition OF a B-movie!! Awesome!
½ October 14, 2008
SUCKS!!! I really don't have much to say about it, boring storyline and cheap film.
½ September 2, 2008
The plot had potential, but the special effects were very poorly done. It would have been better if we had never seen the Manticore -- just shadows or a claw here and there. The acting, though, was a pleasant surprise. Robert Beltran and Jeff Fahey turned in good, solid performances. However, this movie has a few well shot scenes, and the level of action rarely lags.
Liloh
½ August 13, 2008
Not really one of the Best Moster Movies, combined with Military, "Mystery" abit Corps here and there. Not anything special. But I loved to see Jeff Fahey and Robert Beltran in one Movi. Cool.
However if you dont find anything better to watch this is great Killing time Movie. Though I dont know in what Genre to Level it. Adventure? NO! War?No! Horror? Shit No way! It is just a TV Movie.
March 11, 2008
Well... mmm... it's bad really... I should stop myself before watching these. The beast looked like the barrier guardians from Ghostbusters 1, but that was a really good movie! and this one well, belongs in the trash.
December 24, 2007
This movie was good but the special effects were horrible...