Map of the Human Heart Reviews

• Jul 28, 2016

What a wonderful find. The best scenes are with the kid versions of the protagonist and his love interest. The ending is something of a left-field choice, but I understand why the director went in that direction. Overall, a really satisfying and unconventional romantic drama.

• Jul 04, 2015

One of the best romantic films of the year.

One of the best romantic films of the year.

• Mar 02, 2015

Strangely, i wasn't affected by the story nor performance of the lead actors nor the music of the movie! I'm not quite sure about this tragic tale of half-breeds being always below the white man.

• Jan 11, 2015

Life is a map of death

Life is a map of death

• Jun 11, 2014

Don't watch if you're a John Cusack fan because he's barely in the flick. But it has the best portrayal of the bombing of Dresden in World War II I've ever seen. Other than that it is a tragic love story of sorts. The movie stars Jason Scott Lee who was also working Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story at the same time.

• Dec 13, 2013

"Map of the Human Heart" es un estupendo romance situado durante la segunda guerra mundial y contado desde el punto de vista de un eskimal. La cinta inicia con el encuentro con un explorador inglés durante su infancia, quién lo llevará a conocer al amor de su vida en un hospital (ella y él son pacientes). El reparto da muy buenas actuaciones y su director Vincent Ward crea estupendas composiciones (sin duda merece de una edición especial en bluray). Esta es una joya, no muy conocida, de los noventas.

• Oct 02, 2013

A film of incantatory intensity and moment by a prodigiously gifted young filmmaker.

• May 19, 2013

Fantastic and touching film

Fantastic and touching film

• May 10, 2012

The film follows the life of an Eskimo boy into the world of the "White Man". Meeting his white father figure and his sou mate there his life is changed. The story is so incredible, yet it never goes over the melodramatic side. If I took any thing from this movie is that every life is an adventure no matter how boring we find it. The best movie I ever experienced.

• Cynthia S Super Reviewer
    Apr 23, 2012

Nice. Moving. Touching...even though the style of this movie definitely shows its age. Much has happened in the last 20 yrs to improve productions. To see this movie made again, with todays expertise, would be really fantastic. FYI: John Cusack is in this for less than 5 min...