A Map of the World Reviews

• Jan 31, 2019

Boring! Not a well told story!

Boring! Not a well told story!

• Jul 09, 2015

Emotional, brilliantly acted, and realistic. Sigourney and Julianne give their all, and surly convey a lot of emotions with their convincing acting. Anyone who has experience loss, guilt, or crisis can EASILY connect with this film- even some who haven't probably could. The only reason I don't give it more stars is because the movie was too long. The plot stayed interesting, but I feel like 15-20 minutes could have been cut off of the end. The suspense and emotion that was in the beginning lessons a little bit towards the end, but once again, this movie was very good, and worth a watch,

• Jul 08, 2015

Not even Sigourney Weaver could save this mediocre drama. Though the film begins with potential, it goes in several different directions, none of which are connected. The performances in the movie are easily watchable, but that's not saying much for two Oscar Winning actresses.

• Mar 15, 2015

Partly bad casting.... :( Film not working. Such a shame- from an excellent script and actors to result with such a final version..

• Dec 03, 2014

Potentially great story, terrible, tone-deaf execution. How could any movie so consistently fail to hit the right note? I kept wanting to rewrite the dialogue as I watched.

• Sep 16, 2013

I had read that this contained "Oscar level performances", but it actually has very much a 'made-for-tv' feel to it and I didn't find any of it believable or even particularly interesting.

• Apr 26, 2013

good movie! just through really bad times and huge problems in life you can see who are your real friends and who will stand by you no matter what

• Sep 22, 2012

Great character drama with one of Sigourney Weaver's best performances. Love the Pat Metheny score.

• Apr 14, 2012

I loved this movie. The acting was amazing from both Julianne Moore and Sigourney Weaver. It's good for a one time watch if you're in the mood for a made for t.v movie.

• Sep 16, 2011