Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms Reviews

• Apr 08, 2021

after watched this movie, I rushed to my mom then hugged her

after watched this movie, I rushed to my mom then hugged her

• Jan 27, 2021

This movie is the most touching animation movie I have ever seen. The music of the work is very beautiful. The plot is very good.

• Nov 18, 2020

Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms, directed by Mari Okada, brings out the beauty of treasuring every moment between a mother and child. The perfection of the story becomes transparent when we realize that love is not seen as surface-level, but rather reserved by our protagonist, Maquia. This movie is a great example of what a mother would do for her baby.

• Oct 01, 2020

LOVED IT THE STORY IS SO GREAT HEART TOUCHING MUSIC

LOVED IT THE STORY IS SO GREAT HEART TOUCHING MUSIC

• Sep 12, 2020

It hurts a lot, like a LOT. The impact is so strong that I can't even put it into words. Just watch the movie and you'll see what I am talking about. - - - - - EDIT: The movie is slow-paced and some parts of the movie have no background music. I have no problem with it so it didn't matter to me when it's a bit silent. The cuts are also unexpected but someone pointed out that it shows us how time passes by so fast and I do agree with that. It would've been better if it was a series so that we could relate more to ALL the characters. Overall, I still recommend it but if you don't like slow-paced and long movies, then this might not be it. I watched it for about 6-8 times already XD

• Aug 04, 2020

Es una de las mejores películas de animación japonesa que he visto, una historia conmovedora para toda la familia que nadie se debe perder.

• Jun 21, 2020

Honestly so good. Really wholsome, happy tears

Honestly so good. Really wholsome, happy tears

• May 17, 2020

I absolutely love this movie, animation and story was breathtaking. It made me cry as well.... Must watch

• May 10, 2020

The world-building needed so much more work. It felt like culture and history were continually pasted on as the reasoning for what was happening instead of being already established from the start. A pattern started with an instance occurring and THEN the audience were given the reason as to why. You couldn't exactly make your own predictions because everything was so unpredictable in an uncertain way. It did not feel like a lived-in world. Next, there were flashes I felt of genuine love and emotion for the mother-son bond throughout the movie but that was the only bond I could care about. If you swapped out most other characters, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to care which shows how little they were fleshed out. The redeeming quality of Maquia was its stellar animation and gorgeous settings, however, if you were to truly want a captivating animated movie about a single mother, I would suggest Wolf Children instead.

• Apr 09, 2020

everything about this movie was great!!

everything about this movie was great!!