March of the Penguins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

March of the Penguins Reviews

July 1, 2016
Well-filmed documentary that's surprisingly brutal as it is educational.
June 22, 2016
March of the Penguins is one of the greatest documentaries ever made as well as easily being my favorite. Points have to be given for the crew for enduring the extreme conditions that they did, but anyone can go down to Antarctica, it all depends on the pay off. What the filmmakers came back with was stunning photography of otherwise unseen life and a moral center that forces us to question our own existences. An absolutely necessary viewing.
May 21, 2016
Beautiful movie with hard work done by the filmmakers. Very good cinematography and very good documenting of the harsh March of the Penguins
May 10, 2016
Fascinating, informative, sad, and when you have Morgan Freeman narrating it makes it even better. I was kinda hoping he'd name one of the penguins Andy Dufresne.
March 17, 2016
Literally penguins go through so much
January 30, 2016
Not into this sort of thing but it did get me hooked and it was really well told.
January 27, 2016
Not the best movie I've seen I did not think all of it was interesting some parts were interesting but it's just about penguins.
October 19, 2015
Amazing film. Love Morgan Freeman's narration.
½ September 1, 2015
Definitely one of the better documentaries out there, I'm just not a big fan of them.
August 21, 2015
I like this but after reading the book "Mother nature is trying to kill you" I looked at it a diff way
August 21, 2015
An absolutely perfect film! The stunning visuals make this movie work. Who knew such a simple animal such as the penguin could be transformed into a stunning movie.
August 17, 2015
March of the Penguins is the most relaxing and the most excellently shot documentary of 2005. Morgan Freeman's god like voice made this worth a watch.
August 12, 2015
Amazing visuals, its beautiful. If you hate documentaries and the deep soothing voice of Morgan Freeman, don't watch it.
August 10, 2015
I ate up all this soapy,heartwarming family friendly cinematic doc gold and wanted more to boot.
½ August 7, 2015
I'm sure this film is very good, which is why I gave it 50/100. I'm giving it a low rating because to be honest, I actually fell asleep during this movie. It can't be THAT good if it can't even keep me interested
August 3, 2015
This is without doubt the greatest documentary I have ever seen.
If you didn't wanted to have a penguin after finishing the movie you have not heart then ))
the movie worth watching just to see how adorable baby penguins are! love them.
August 2, 2015
Simplemente Hermosa!!! nada mas que decir
June 9, 2015
Great story about the life of the adorable emperor penguin
May 25, 2015
Wonderful documentary.

The telling of how emperor penguins in the Antarctic travel a vast distance to mate and how the parents then have to endure the harshest conditions on Earth to ensure their offspring are born, survive and thrive. A story of life, survival, and regeneration.

Incredible footage. Some amazing camera placements and angles. There could not have been a manned camera in some of the spots, so passive cameras were used. Very ingenious placement at times.

Then, of course, there is the narration. Nobody could have done it better than Morgan Freeman. Such gravitas and feeling.

A great reminder of the wonder of nature, and the struggles that some species undergo to survive and grow.