Marci X - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marci X Reviews

½ May 13, 2009
So sad to see Damon Wayans destroy his carrer with this garage. Marci X was one big let down in every way possible. No wonder Chris Rock who was offered the part of Wayans said it was the worst script he had ever read and would have prefered receiving anthrax. I mean come on Damon you saw the script and saw that Lisa Kudrow would be rapping about PURSES??!??!!!?! and you still took the part? What a horrible carrer choice to be in a movie as lame as this one.
May 4, 2009
Remember ..how actors say that some movies have ' not been their best work', well..this is nothing like that. This couldn't have been worse for Lisa Kudrow who I absolutely adore in F.R.I.E.N.D.S and Damon Wayans who I really like in 'My Wife And Kids'. This is a perfect example of a movie that is senseless, hopeless, meaningless, non enjoyable and a bad attempt to comedy. Any one who finds this funny and enjoyable or can entertain this film for a whole 2 hours can be only for two reasons : One- Awful Taste in almost all things and Second - Probably a bet involving a huge amount for who can actually survive the film. The only thing worth appreciating in how the actors manage to find jobs after the film was released.
April 28, 2009
I tried to enjoy it! It was funny for the most part!
April 9, 2009
Lame but I love Lisa Kudrow so it was bearable
½ February 18, 2009
Very badly made comedy from 2003,this movie is almost unwatchable. With some ( but very few!) funny lines by Wayans and Kudrow ,I wonder how did these two actors EVER signed for this. Bad script,Bad Storyline,this film is like drinking cold cofee. Horrible. Don't even catch it on cable or blindness may occur..
½ January 26, 2009
Obnoxious, unbearably unfunny comedy wastes a talented cast who usually does comedy well; they all fail miserably here, however, thanks to Paul Rudnick's insultingly bad script, and Benjamin's uninspired direction. Too bad, Boyz'R'Us had potential....
½ October 8, 2008
CRAP!!! not even worth a look! so dont waste your time with this!
October 4, 2008
Lisa Kudrow is brilliant. pretty funny.
August 12, 2008
I will watch anything with Lisa Kudrow in it, but this really was a load of old shit. I really hoped the presence of Jane Krakowski and Christine Baranski would outweigh the presence of Damon Wayans, but no. The only reason it gets any stars at all is because despite myself I did laugh at Lisa Kudrow rapping 'The Power in the Purse'.
July 19, 2008
Lisa Kudrow is perfect for the title role. But the film is just not funny (with a few exceptions).
½ July 11, 2008
funny!!!!! damon wayans plays a rapper that the people protest against because of his bad lyrics. he's funny!!!! i like his vest he wears with the huge zipper haha.
July 7, 2008
probably one of the best movies ever made
June 17, 2008
This movie is truly hilarious
½ June 2, 2008
I saw this because it had Lisa Kudrow and actually thought it was pretty funny.
½ April 26, 2008
Terrible shit. Who the hell green lights crap like this?
½ March 26, 2008
The most stupid movie I have ever watched. I would give it minus 5 stars if there was a such grade.
February 3, 2008
My God! WTF? This movie was provocatively bad. You take a touchy issue and spit everybody in the face!

If you haven't had air to your brain for 10-15 minutes then this movie is for you.
I was funnier now than any moment in this movie. Need I say more?
January 21, 2008
Dreadful comedy, appallingly bad. I am stunned this movie was ever made and can not understand how some of the actors could have gotted involved in this awful mess.
January 14, 2008