Marco Polo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marco Polo Reviews

May 6, 2012
A story told in flashbacks - not my favorite style of storytelling - begins very slowly and boringly. It picks up the pace when Polo gets to China. The acting is adequate; even though Brian Dennehy is one of my favorite actors, he was unconvincing as the Chinese Khan. B.D. Wong's character brought some needed comedic relief. It seemed historically accurate, though I'm taking my wife's word on that as I really knew nothing about the man before this. The sets were fairly intricate and beautiful. Too long, but worth seeing.
½ October 8, 2009
ian Somerhalder stars as Marco Polo.
Adventure of marco Polo. (I'm bad at History so wouldn't ahve a clue as to if its somewhat based on the history books or not) & well put any of my fave actors in a movie w/ a subject that usually bores me... I'll pay attention. (too bad they couldn't do things like this in school!)

To me the story was interesting. I LOVED the costume of the Kahn empire the travels were interesting as well. Plus the adventure lasts over 2 hours. A 20 year old marco ends up having to stay in the empire for his life. Was not a boring one, for the Emporor found uses of Marco to travel here or there for him.B for Ian?s beard in the movie ?.F. You could tel l it was so fake I saw glue!!
December 13, 2014
Watched the hole season in one day and It was totally worth it. I can't wait to see what they come up with for Season 2!
September 2, 2011
This looks wonderful - great costuming and locations - really impressive.
But all horribly let down by terrible acting, script, and above all, direction.
The filming looks so "made for TV" both in angles, lighting, but above all in tones: just some filters, and better use of film would have made a huge difference.
Historically accurate, this could have been really great: it really looks expensive and expansive; but it is living proof that nothing can cover poor acting.