Margaret Cho: Assassin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Margaret Cho: Assassin Reviews

March 26, 2014
my least favorite of her 5 films still funny funny though
May 26, 2012
Not her best but clever and better than an average stand-up
July 9, 2011
As usual, laugh out loud funny. Miss Cho at her best.
March 7, 2011
I think she's great, but this one wasn't the funniest. Still good, but not "ROTFL" (as the kids say). Die-hards will adore it, of course, but for the casual fan, it didn't blow me away.
August 15, 2010
Margaret Cho is hilarious.
September 7, 2009
Not her best work but still entertaining.
½ July 6, 2009
This is my least favorite Cho stand-up to date. For one, her monologue used to rely on yelling at the Hollywood mucky mucks for trying to make her conform to an unattainable aesthetic standard. Now that she's actually skinny, those humorous vignettes have been excised from her repertoire. It's too bad, because some of that material is hilarious. Also, she spends too much time railing against the Bush administration. These jokes are way too easy, and therefore not as funny as her usual stuff. Lastly, she's using a different on-stage voice now, like she's channeling a black cross-dresser when she speaks. What's up with that? Still, she can be irreverent and raunchy when the time calls for it, and that material still makes me laugh.
March 15, 2009
2005 Seattle Lesbian & Gay Film Festival
December 21, 2008
haters get lost: Margaret Cho is the greatest!!
November 15, 2008
Started off quite rough.
But it got better as it went along.
½ August 1, 2008
she was in dc at the warner. not for the faint-at-heart.
July 31, 2008
A lot of what she said was commentary, not even jokes. "Where there's gay men, there's bitchiness *crowd cheers*" She makes some great funny faces but overall more boring than humorous.
½ July 30, 2008
Her older stuff is better.
July 9, 2008
I don?t find Margaret Cho funny. She doesn?t make me laugh or giggle or even smile or smirk, but she?s interesting to listen to because she is opinionated on social events and public figures. I know most comedians comment on this stuff, but there?s something different about her. She?s smarter or something, more informed. Other comedians make fun of public figures for obvious reasons?she has a different spin on it. Or something.
½ May 29, 2008
She says what we're all thinking. (All the smart people, anyway)
April 10, 2008
Racist jokes are only funny if they are performed by someone not of the race.
½ April 7, 2008
Not her best, but she's still hilarious!
February 27, 2008
Margaret Cho is the funniest person on the planet.
February 10, 2008
Assassin is mean spirited, opinionated and gloriously upfront. Cho's agenda is liberalism so it is no surprise that she has me on her side. What is surprising - as is mostly the case with socio-political comics - is that most of the time the best bits are not the funny ones but the hard truths and accusatory accounts of what is so wrong with our present day world and its leaders. The humour is secondary but even then when funny it is gut wrenchingly so.
February 10, 2008
Her first two films are phenomenal, but I was left feeling a bit impotent by Revolution so when I watched this I was pleasantly surprised to find her back in form.