Margin Call Quotes
The top Margin Call quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Will Emerson: I'm all out of nicorettes, which means in about ten minutes I'm going to kill somebody.
- Seth Bregman: This could be huge. The losses would be greater than the current value of the company.
- Eric Dale: I was working on something but they didn't let me finish. Here, take a look at it. Be careful.
- John Tuld: Speak to me as you would a 2 year old or a golden retriever.
- Will Emerson: Some people like taking the long way home.
- Sam Rogers: We dont sell anything to anybody unless they are going to come back for more.‐ Submitted by John W (3 years ago)
- John Tuld: So you think we might have put a few people out of business today. That its all for naught. You've been doing that everyday for almost forty years Sam. And if this is all for naught then so is everything out there. Its just money; its made up. Pieces of paper with pictures on it so we don't have to kill each other just to get something to eat. It's not wrong. And it's certainly no different today than its ever been. 1637, 1797, 1819, 37, 57, 84, 1901, 07, 29, 1937, 1974, 1987-Jesus, didn't that fuck up me up good-92, 97, 2000 and whatever we want to call this. It's all just the same thing over and over; we can't help ourselves. And you and I can't control it, or stop it, or even slow it. Or even ever-so-slightly alter it. We just react. And we make a lot money if we get it right. And we get left by the side of the side of the road if we get it wrong. And there have always been and there always will be the same percentage of winners and losers. Happy foxes and sad sacks. Fat cats and starving dogs in this world. Yeah, there may be more of us today than there's ever been. But the percentages-they stay exactly the same.‐ Submitted by Liak Y (4 years ago)
- Will Emerson: [to Seth] If you really want to do this with your life you have to believe that you're necessary, and you are. People want to live like this with their cars and their big fucking houses they can't even pay for - then you're necessary. The only reason people get to continue living like kings is because we've got our fingers on the scales and we're tipping in their favor. I take my hand off, well then the whole world gets really fucking fair really fucking quick and nobody actually wants that. They say they do, but they really don't. They want what we have to give but they also want to play innocent and pretend they have no idea where it actually came from; and that's more hypocrisy than I'm willing to swallow, so fuck 'em.‐ Submitted by Louise D (4 years ago)
- Peter Sullivan: These people have no idea on what's about to happen.‐ Submitted by Chubby M (4 years ago)
- John Tuld: There are three ways to make a living in this business. Be first, be smarter, or cheat.‐ Submitted by Chris P (4 years ago)
- Sam Rogers: Your selling something that you know has no value.‐ Submitted by Chris P (4 years ago)