Marianne and Juliane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marianne and Juliane Reviews

½ November 16, 2012
Il terrorismo raccontato senza azione e senza violenza, ma con un approccio introspettivo caratteizzato dal rapporto ambiguo e tormentato tra due sorella nella Germania degli anni sessanta. Austeritą rappresentativa da cinema scandinavo e pił vicina a Fassbinder che a Herzog o Wenders. A tratti noioso.
March 30, 2012
Excellent film.........historically insightful and accurate.
½ April 4, 2011
A movie I'd never have got to know were it not for my film seminar at uni where I did German studies, it's a truly strong story of a period in German history that's less well-known, but recently more thematised, the post-68 era of left-wing extremism.Two sisters go different paths of dissent in a stuffy conservative country, one remains a critic within the law, the other turns radicalised terrorist. their personal relationship and the political are intertwined.
March 15, 2011
It's German, so it must be depressing!
½ November 5, 2010
October 17, 2009
My favourite of Von Trotta's work. It is an intelligent and thought-provoking examination into the roots of left-wing terrorism in 1970s Germany.
½ August 20, 2008
schwer verdauliche kost. aber gut!
March 10, 2008
Though it has some fascinating themes, most of this film is visually dull.
½ September 27, 2007
This is a hauntingly bleak and thematically dense film about how our personal and political faults damage the next generation (among many other things).