Marilyn Monroe: The Final Days Reviews

• Apr 10, 2013

When people talk about Marilyn Monroe in "Something's Got To Give" the blondie seems more sexy than "Seven Year Itch". This film is the only case which we can judge Marilyn as a sex simbol and not as a movie star.

• May 18, 2012

The production of what would have been Marilyn Monroe's final film for Fox Studios was plagued with difficulties, and despite popular opinion, most of them were not the fault of the movie's star. Fox was facing major financial problems due to another film, Cleopatra, starring Elizabeth Taylor, which was a long way over it's budget. Good documentary

• May 12, 2012

Definitely 37 minutes aren't enough to appreciate Something's Got to Give because it is an unfinished film, but what I saw, made me find out this movie was destined to fail because of the pressure, the overracted performances by everybody and the awful script it had. Marilyn Monroe's great at the pool and this is the only rescuable thing of this movie.

• Oct 24, 2009

It was good, but I wanted more juicy details.

It was good, but I wanted more juicy details.

• May 17, 2009

what a loss...she still shines through these last scenes...spectacular!

what a loss...she still shines through these last scenes...spectacular!

• Jan 26, 2009

A great documentary being that it's the only one I've seen so far. But I enjoyed it because I always want to know more about celebrities from the past. Her story is pretty sad once you get to know who she really was off camera. Tragedy aside, this was a nice look at her last would be film.

• Aug 28, 2008

A good documentary about what could have been. I was slightly disappointed that it didn't touch on her death as much but this is mostly about the movie that was never finished more than the life and death of Marylin Monroe. It is such a shame watching this because you could see so much potential for the movie and Marylin Monroe who at 36 you would have thought her prime is over (or at least on the beauty side) but she was absolutely stunning. I have not seen a 36 year old woman looking that beautiful before. What I hate is that people judge her and assume she is all about selling her body and being a sex symbol. I really recommend reading a book by Donald H Wolfe called "The Assassination of Marylin Monroe". After reading it myself, all my views about her as a woman, human being and an actress have changed. She was an icon and deservingly so. The last cut of the movie on this documentary is very touching and sad at the same time. Something's Gotta Give will always be what could have been but here you get an idea of what it was going to be like.

• Apr 21, 2008

Un bon documentaire, mais selon-moi, le meilleur demeure la restauration de son film innachevé : Something's got to Give" J'ai ete impressionnee de la voir jouer des scenes magnifiques pour ensuite connaitre une fin si tragique...

• Mar 31, 2008

I haven't seen any other monroe Docs, so I enjoyed this one, plus the restored and edited 40 minutes of her final unfinished film were great to watch.

• Mar 28, 2008

An informative if bland documentary on Monroe's final film project and last few months. The amount of talking heads is exceptional, but what really makes this stand out is the 37 or so reconstructed minutes from Something's Got to Give. It doesn't look like the film would have been an outstanding addition to Marilyn's filmography, but the legend surrounding it makes for interesting viewing.