Marjorie Morningstar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marjorie Morningstar Reviews

½ June 10, 2007
gene kelly can act and natalie wood is so good!
½ May 23, 2007
This is probably my least favorite movie, because GENE played the role as being washed up in his career. Although he was excellent in the role, I just didn't want to picture the most talented tap man of all times as being on his last note of his career (in the movie). Natlie Wood was very sweet in this movie as well. But it was worth watching just to see an older yet still handsome, sensual GENE.
½ April 25, 2007
Wow!!!! A beautifully sad but true movie filled with awesome performances by Kelly and Wood.
½ February 4, 2007
NataliWood plays an aspiring actress in this very touching movie!!
January 16, 2007
It's good, it may not end the way I wanted it to, but it kind of makes its point in the movie, and I'd have to agree with it. Mostly the movie is about growing up, realizing things don't always go the way you want to. and making those tough decisions that you really didn't want to make. You'll see my point when you reach the end of the movie, it will all just click.
½ January 10, 2007
Gene Kelly and Natalie Wood are beautiful just to look at in this ol flick and one of her firsts as an adult. BUT the script is so SO very bad we were actually laughing at various points. I love Natalie - I love Gene - but this movie would be at the bottom of my list for either of their long list of films. P U is all I can say.
½ December 4, 2006
My favourite book - dated but one of Kelly's best
October 28, 2006
Not a terribly compelling film, but Gene Kelly is sa-mokin hot and you can't really go wrong with Natalie Wood in a dramatic role.
September 28, 2006
This looks really crap.
½ September 13, 2006
Great film, the first "old movie" I'd seen.
August 7, 2006
Well produced melodrama. Natalie Wood is a little stiff in her acting, but Gene Kelly does well enough. Good story, but a little overly dramatic. Some of the music is outstanding.