Marley & Me: The Puppy Years - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marley & Me: The Puppy Years Reviews

December 26, 2011
It's not because i like Dog- Movies that they are all good !
Didn't like the children's voices on the Dogs
Simple Story
November 25, 2011
Marley and Me 2 is the most disappointing film ever. Just another stupid cheesy film with talking animals. It's a shame though because the first film is such a beautiful drama, which made me cry so much every time I watched it. No wonder it went straight to DVD.
½ November 12, 2011
couldn't sit through the whole thing...terrible
October 30, 2011
This movie is kind of a prequel as the owners from the original went away & left a boy to dog sit. While watching Marley he is told if he can train Marley he can get his own dog. The movie is filled with talking dogs, dog tricks as the boy teaches Marley and two other puppies how to do the course. Along the way they meet new friends, and a bad guy who doesn't treat his dogs properly. Children would like this movie. And it's good for the whole family.
October 26, 2011
Never heard of it, but saw this, apparently a sort of prequel to one of my favorite movies in recent years, if not ever...so I went ahead and rented it...unfortunately. It's ok, but more for kids, in my opinion. It's watchable for adults but it's really just using the name of a popular movie to get people to buy it. And for it to be called "The Puppy Years", it sure doesn't show Marley grow up much. Instead, it's all centered around training him for one competition. A couple laughs scattered here and there but not much else...who expected it to be one of those films where the animals talk? I sure didn't. I usually like movies like that, but this one was eh.
October 25, 2011
I absolutely hate sequels or prequels that steal the name of one movie, but have absolutely nothing to do with it. This movie on its own wasn't great either - of course the puppies were cute but that was pretty much it.
October 1, 2011
Not good. Good for kids but doesn't compare anywhere close to the original.
September 30, 2011
Well it was a cute little movie not like the first at all but a nice movie about Marley when he was just a puppy had a few funny parts