Marmaduke - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marmaduke Reviews

April 27, 2014
This is one of the better "talking dog" movies I've seen; it is certainly better than Cats & Dogs and its sequel. However, aspects of the plot and the "family before work" theme seems reused, and had been done better by many family films in the past couple decades. I was amazed by how well-trained many of the animals were; while its overreliance on CGI was unnecessary in some parts, many of the effects surprised me for a film this low-key.
April 21, 2014
Nice family movie, but probably not something I will ever watch again.
April 7, 2014
I loved this movie! My favorite scenes are the ones with Lee Pace! He is so sexy!!
April 7, 2014
there are better dog films a bit run of the mill
April 6, 2014
I like this movie its funny
and cool
March 28, 2014
The results of when a mediocre idea for a movie like Garfield actually turns a profit. Producers rummage through the Sundays to find another decently popular comic strip with a similar idea, and stumble upon Marmaduke. Add in a terrible script, no respect for the source material, and a whole bunch of random celebrity voices, and you have a movie with absolutely no merit to speak for. This movie had dialog that has not seen the light of day, and for good reason. While there were some slightly funny moments here and there, it was all just lazy comedy. The fact that they made Marmaduke talk in the first place was one of the biggest mistakes the movie came up with. All of the lines about "Oh no! I can't do it!" and then the "Come on, you can do it!" then we have the "I'm scared! I can't do it!" and then the God-awful "Oh, wow, I can do it! Yay!" These moments were a fall-back to actually writing something. I could go on and on about how bad this movie was, but you won't understand unless you actually watch it, and keep watching it once the song-and-dance routine starts at the end, with badly CGIed Dogs doing the mummy dance. I really wish I were kidding right now. Anyway, skip over this. The DVD cover with the cat and dog in sunglasses should be a huge clue as to how much this movie insults your intelligence. Sorry for the rant.
March 25, 2014
Such a funny movie, do watch this movie
½ March 19, 2014
Marmaduke is a terrible movie based off a wonderful comic strip. Four paws down!
March 12, 2014
(16%)
A very average at best talking animal family movie with a story so weak is is pretty amazing that the writers even bothered to start writing it, never mind finish. It is inoffensive and mildly amusing at times, but I doubt even young children will show much joy towards it.
February 21, 2014
Yeah-I'm sorry 2 say it but I saw Marmaduke (I was curious as 2 how bad it actually was). I have 2 admit, it was better than I expected. Still crap though
½ February 20, 2014
A Very great dog movie
January 31, 2014
Marmaduke offers virtually no humor and wit, making it a boring film that will only entertain the least-demanding viewers.
January 29, 2014
You know, I came in with low expectation, but to my surprise, this was pretty watchable. Sure the jokes were lame and the CGI was mediocre at best, but the story itself was actually very solid. And that's saying a lot considering that this movie came from a Sunday paper comic that I can pretty much guarantee that no one really cares about.
January 27, 2014
There are some laughs and good vocal performances, but Marmaduke is mostly a typical talking animal film for kids that adults will wish to be over as soon as possible.
January 21, 2014
Really good a funny movie a 90% by Aidan
½ January 14, 2014
you have no respect for your kids intellegence if you think they'll like this movie
January 9, 2014
Dear Hollywood,

The words been out for a while now that remakes and talking animal movies are getting old. Yet, despite that obvious fact, you combine both of these and make something as boring as Marmaduke.

-Everyone
½ December 18, 2013
How do you turn a one-panel comic strip into a movie? Simple, you don't. The jokes are awful, the CGI is laughably bad and the whole story is a cliched, phoned-in piece of nothing.
December 18, 2013
Even though it doesn't fall into the traps that Garfield does, it proves that comic strips should remain comic strips
½ December 12, 2013
Why does this monstrosity exist