Marnie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marnie Reviews

May 28, 2015
Wowwwww!!! FIVE STARS!!
April 6, 2015
Considerada un fracaso en 1964, "Marnie" es una película de corte psicoanalítico acerca de una mujer que roba en oficinas (Tippi Hedren) y un joven millonario (Sean Connery) dispuesto a "curarla" o "domarla". "Marnie" ha envejecido bien y hoy se puede apreciar como uno de los trabajos más oscuros y perversos de Alfred Hitchcock, con mucho material para discutir o para reflexionar.
March 10, 2015
Classic Hitchcock and a rather dishy Sean Connery, winning combo!
February 23, 2015
Marnie is a psychological drama about a mysterious woman, who is a liar, a cheater & a thief. Tippi Hedren Stars as Marnie (giving an exceptional performance), a compulsive liar & thief, who winds up marrying the very man (Sean Connery) she attempts to rob. Marnie is a slow burn drama where Hitchcock's great range of directorial skills are on show but it's Hedren's performance that steals the show.
January 18, 2015
Excelente banda sonora.
January 15, 2015
A lot better of an effort than many Hitchcock fans will admit. A true psychological mystery that is advanced for its time with shocking revelations. Should be a classic.
November 28, 2014
This was where I fell off the Hitchcock wagon and stayed there until "Frenzy". It's a little too leisurely paced for my and Ms. Hedren's mediocrity as an actress knows no bounds, and if this was the only Connery performance you were aware of you would have found him to be a very dull boy. It is pretty, but that's about all.
½ November 28, 2014
It may not be my favorite Hitchcock film, but Tippi Hedren gave a dark and intense turn here that totally blew me away.
½ November 25, 2014
½ November 17, 2014
It was good, but tame by today's standards
November 8, 2014
An uninteresting and awkward film that only serious Hitchcock fans should bother with. I wouldn't watch it again, and am almost sorry I saw it in the first place. (First and only viewing - 11/8/2014)
½ October 21, 2014
Slow-moving and laughably melodramatic, Marnie is far from my favorite Hitchcock piece. Connery didn't quite seem to fit the role, either. Overall, it was worth watching, I suppose, if only to have been able to see it. 2.5-ish stars
½ October 19, 2014
This film was SO far ahead of its time. Hitchcock touches on deep & twisted psychological themes anchored by Hedren's tour-de-force performance. The much criticized colors & process shots only add to the dream-like qualities of this intriguing film. The denouement with Louis Latham is compelling.
October 15, 2014
Not one of Hitch's best. Tippi & Connery are very good but the psychology aspect is a bit weak.
September 23, 2014
This film has gotten better with time and i have upped my original rating by half a star.
Pacing, script, acting and the Bernard Herrmann score are all spot on. One of my top three Hitchcock films (Psycho and Vertigo being no2 and no1) this was heavily rejected by critics because of its psychological pretensions. However the psychology is quite well done with Tippi Hedren's role that of a disassociated woman very well crafted. Her personailty and cool character perfect for the part. Connery does well against type in a role coming very soon after his first Bond film.
Hitch goes more psychological here as a story of the effects of childhood sexual abuse slowly unravel. Some great set pieces and interesting use of rear projection in the horse riding scene. It all adds up wonderfully and Hitchcock bravely put this on the screen when it was taboo to do so. Tippy Hedren is Melanie Griffiths mother in non movie life.
September 3, 2014
I'm not sure how I feel about "Marnie". The film is a well crafted Hitchcock picture in many ways, with great cinematography, good leads in Tippi Hedren (who gives quite the performance) and Sean Connery (starring in between two Bond films), but it also has things that I find hard to a guy who takes a female thief and essentially blackmails her into marriage, and then after claiming to respect her decisions, rapes her...which I could all take in if this guy was painted as a villain or got punished in some way in the end...but he is the hero of the film, and the end of the film makes it seem like everything he did was for the good of the woman. I find that a hard pill to swallow. It is a technically well made film, with a great performance from Hedren, but I just didn't buy major elements of the storyline, at least in the sense that the ending of the film feels all wrong based on the story that is portrayed on screen.
½ June 27, 2014
Tähän päivään mennessä näkemistäni Hitchcockin leffoista huonoin...
June 23, 2014
Just an amazing movie, I left everything to watch it ...